Notifications area praise

Suggestions for Improving the Site

Moderator: Whiterook

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Notifications area praise

Postby 50th » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:43 pm

I really like the notifications drop down on the top of the header. I have always gone to the quick links and to unread posts. That sometimes takes me to posts that I have read before. I usually look through two pages of posts to find those I haven't read at all. Now, I use the Notifications for this. I don't know how long it was there before I noticed it, but I like it. Notifications is usually a bad word for me, I don't want to be notified every time someone in the country I have friended on facebook makes a post. I mostly check facebook for the gaming info and I check a bunch of game pages including our own. I have taken facebook off of my phone because it accesses everything. Oh well, that's another rant.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Notifications area praise

Postby Whiterook » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:25 pm

This feature is rather new to our site, and built in on the last upgrade. I try to make this site as versatile as possible but, the phpBB software will only let you do so much, as it it's extremely limited...compared to a CMS (Content Management System) site (look at KiwiModeller as an example of that), where you have so much more functionality (like articles, galleries, etc.).

It's heard to add things to this sites platform, as phpBB is just the pits for someone that's not a computer head. Frankly, some of the things I've been able to do with this site, being a near idiot in terms of programing forums, kinda blows my mind. If course, it could have been blown out before that, but that's another topic :lol:
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “Site Suggestions”