Tutorials on how to use site features

Moderator: Whiterook

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting YouTube Videos

Postby Whiterook » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:21 am

Want to add YouTube vids to your posts? It's only a button away!!! :D

The custom [youtube][/youtube] BBcode tag option appears as a button in the posting editor.....

To insert YouTube video's, you need to insert [youtube][/youtube] BBcode tags, but that can be a pain to hand-code yourself, so TCG has provided a custom button that you just need to click, and then copy/paste insert the YouTube Video ID of the YouTube video you want to add in between the tags!

The Video ID is the numbers and letters after the =

For Example: The Video ID in the YouTube Video link below is: kuqpvIEs9_A, found in the full URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuqpvIEs9_A

You will now be able to embed YouTube videos on your posts.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

NOTES: If you are adding a post onto anther post, you may have to switch to Full Editor first. Also, in the image above, no, I do not have an EBay button here!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

charlescab
Private
Private

Re: Posting YouTube Videos

Postby charlescab » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:50 pm

The youtube link works above but it should be carolina crown showing, not the Blue Devils!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:58 am

charlescab wrote:The youtube link works above but it should be carolina crown showing, not the Blue Devils!

OMG!!!!!!. :o :o :shock:

Do we have another Drum Corps fan here on TCG!!!!!????????

I marched in the (ahem) '70s....taught and toured 1984-2000. Small corps to DCI. Just for you, my new friend!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

charlescab
Private
Private

Postby charlescab » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:35 pm

I was on the Carolina Crown board of directors in 2000 or so... couldnt keep up with my that and my small kids so I had to quit... but still a Huge fan. Started way back in 1982 with the Bridgemen.... still have my Bridgemen button lol.
Ive tried to explain the correlation between marching bands and old school military marching techniques to some people and their eyes seem to glaze over haha. So when will they come out with Drum Corp the board game? Can your saxophones maintain morale enough to keep their formation with the clarinets? Can the Drumline maintain cohesion? Will the Tubas exert a Zone of control???

Oh and I live in Fort Mill SC (Home of the Carolina Crown if you are ever passing through for a show)

Return to “MWF Tutorials”