Using Flickr for photosharing

Tutorials on how to use site features

Moderator: Whiterook

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Using Flickr for photosharing

Postby Whiterook » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:59 am

Flickr is a online, social photo and short video sharing community. Flickr helps you organize that huge mass of photos you have and offers a way for you, your friends and family to tell stories about them.

You need to sign up for an account, and as opposed to many alternatives today, it is free. This in no way represents an endorsement of this service, but rather...this thred is to let yo know it's out there.

Once signed up, and logged onto you account, you can upload pictures. For this tutorial, I created an account and uploaded a picture of a 1/35 scale WWII German Panther tank I built many years back.

Once uploaded, I click on the picture and get the following screen....

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 11.51.37 AM.png

In the bottom right, you will then see a curved arrow icon (I circled it in red)....

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 11.52.36 AM.png

You are brought to the following screen, where you can select "BBCode", which will highlight the URL/IMG information, which you can then copy (the most common way is to hover over it and right click, selecting copy)

You then paste it in the body of te forum text editor, where you want the image to show, which is what I did below this text and what you should see is the picture of my German tank!

ImageWWII German Panther, 1/35 Tamiya by Emery Gallant, on Flickr
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Using Flickr for photosharing

Postby 50th » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Thanks Em, the one I was on earlier didn't allow a lot of organization. This sounds better.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:35 pm

No problem...I'm still rebounding from Photobuckets' dirtbag move forcing users to pay a King's Ransom for their photos.

From CNet:

Flickr is a popular photo-sharing and hosting service with advanced and powerful features. It supports an active and engaged community where people share and explore each other's photos. You can share and host hundreds of your own pictures on Flickr without paying a dime. There's also a pro service that gets you unlimited storage and sharing for about $2 a month, making it one of the cheapest hosting sites around.

Flickr was created by a small Canadian development team in 2002 before being acquired by Yahoo a year later. Many other photo sites (including Yahoo Photos) are easier to use, but none offer Flickr's interesting features or its cohesive community of enthusiasts.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:43 pm

NOTE: Of course, you can always use the ATTACHMENTS feature here at the current MWF. For example....

Here is the Flickr image of a shot of my WWII Soviet ZIS42 halftrack....

ImageDSC03931_zpsl2mmh8un.jpg~c200 by Emery Gallant, on Flickr

And here is an attached image, hosted here on the forum site....

DSC03931_zpsl2mmh8un.jpg~c200.jpeg
DSC03931_zpsl2mmh8un.jpg~c200.jpeg (11.68 KiB) Viewed 165 times

Return to “MWF Tutorials”