Moderator: Lucky Luke

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Valor & Victory

Postby Whiterook » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:18 pm

vv_logo.jpg

Valor & Victory - WWII Squad Level Wargame

UPDATE: the free rules and files used to be just that....free. That is no longer the case and the game must now be purchased from the following....

http://printplaygames.com/product/valor-victory

$25 for the Starter Set
Includes:
6 Cardstock Maps
B+W Rules
Color Scenario Booklet w/ 7 scenarios
German and American Infantry, Support Weapons and Vehicles
Tracking counters and fortification counters
(No box)

$100 for the Full Official Set
The maps are mounted. Includes all maps and counters currently available.
1134 3/4″ unit, support weapons, tracking counters
396 7/8″ vehicle and fortification counters
19 8″ by 13″ maps.
Color Rulebook
3 scenario sheets
2 dice
Telescoping Box

$120 for the Full Set with Scenario Booklet
Extras:
25+ Fan Made Scenario booklet (authors include Felbrigg Herriott, Shaun Austin, Heroic Monkey and Greg Gresik – with permission)

$148 for the Deluxe Set
Includes the Full official set, the scenario booklet and:
Italian Units
French Units
Shuan Austin’s Vehicle Set
29th Division US Infantry set

The Game:
Through the shattered ruins of a quaint European village,to the scorched sands of North Africa, and on the deadly beaches of a mist-shrouded Pacific island, Valor & Victory puts you in command of the troops and machines that fought across the battlefields of World War II.

Valor & Victory is a fast-playing, easy-to-learn WWII Squad-level gaming system. V&V gets you into the action quickly, without requiring you to learn a lot of minutia and unnecessary detail. But don't let that fool you -- V&V is a complete WWII wargaming system, covering infantry and armored combat, artillery and airstrikes, snipers, close assaults, armored overruns, fortifications, and much more!

V&V may be easy to learn, but it's challenging and fun. So whether you're looking for an evening of serious wargaming action, or simply a quick battle at lunch, V&V delivers -- without draining you, your time!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Valor & Victory

Postby Double Deuce » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Whiterook wrote:
vv_logo.jpg

Valor & Victory - WWII Squad Level Wargame

http://valorandvictory.com/vv_files.htm

I remember looking at that one a while back. It's print and play isn't it? I might have to freshen up my counter/map making skills and give this one a whirl.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Yup...Print & Play, and FREE! And actually, of the one's I've been checking out wistfully, this Christmas Eve Day, it is so far the coolest one IMHO. I am definitely going to print out a copy.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:47 pm

For your convenience, attached is a Terrain Effects Chart (TEC) for Valor & Victory, courtesy of Military Wargaming Forum. This document is for use with the game, and provided free...the document is not to be used for sale purposes.

Valor & Victory TEC by MWF.docx
(2.98 MiB) Downloaded 229 times

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:18 am

I've printed this game out at some point, just haven't played it yet- too many games!
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:25 pm

I just printed it out myself. I like how it's on the low-complexity side. But what I really love is the chance to put my HexDraw mapping software to some actual use! I'd like to even explore doing some MWF-generated scenarios....like, a thread where I ask what scenarios you'd like to play and actually building it, with map and all!

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:11 am

I just got done DL'ing all the rules, components ect. for V&V and and i must say i like what ive seen so far.

You can tell he was heavily influenced by two games, The Squad Leader Series & The Lock Load Series. The units and game markers look like they fell right out of a Lock & Load gamette. The map boards, while probably done in paint, or a similar simple graphics program, look like Squad Leader Boards. Even right down to the road entering the maps in the center of each map section like the SL boards did. There are only 3 stock scenarios that are with the system as of this moment, but they are laid out just like the old SL series did them. Very familiar and user friendly.

Now if i only had a printer that worked.......
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Fri May 10, 2013 5:48 pm

Note the original post has been changed.....the game is no longer free, so I hope you printed it off when you could! The Starter Set is reasonably priced at $25, but the rest will cost you a quite a bit now.

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Double Deuce » Sat May 11, 2013 2:10 am

I have looked it over several times but just didn't think its something I could really get into. Honestly, each time I check any of the tactical WWII boardgames out there, new or old, I just end up going back to the gold standard, ASL. :mrgreen:

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Double Deuce wrote:I have looked it over several times but just didn't think its something I could really get into. Honestly, each time I check any of the tactical WWII boardgames out there, new or old, I just end up going back to the gold standard, ASL. :mrgreen:

I hear you on that, my friend! I find myself bouncing from one to the other....LNL Band of Heroes, PanzerGrenadier, LNL White Star Rising, GMT Panzer, etc.....manly because not one of them has the 'full package' of what I'm looking for. I get restless and move from title to title hoping something magically changed :lol:

I've been suspecting its because I want something with the depth of ASL, but not a binder full of rules. Of everything out there, I'd say at this point, the new Panzer comes closest to ASL, but I've just gotten through the rules and can't back up that statement yet.

I'll start a new thread on that topic, in fact.

Return to “Warehouse Quonset Hut”