New sci-fi minis game from Nordic Weasel

Storage Unit for Rulebooks, Demos, and Player Aides/Charts

Moderator: Lucky Luke

josta59

New sci-fi minis game from Nordic Weasel

Postby josta59 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:27 am

From the maker of FiveCore comes a new idea for sci-fi miniatures gaming, though I plan to try it for modern scenarios. The game is called Unity Field Agent. It's only in beta right now, but a condensed version of the rules with some character stats is now available on a "pay what you want" basis at Wargame Vault.

I was attracted by its card-driven activation and its flexibility for playing pick-up games, building up experience for individual characters, and a "story" mode. I'm only a couple of pages into the rules, but I was even happier when I read that a standard deck of cards is used. That's something I often look for in a game.

Here's a link to the rules: http://www.wargamevault.com/product/213047/Unity-Field-Agent-BETA-TEST
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

josta59

Re: New sci-fi minis game from Nordic Weasel

Postby josta59 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:39 pm

I've been reading these rules a little bit at a time. They seem very complicated even though they only take a few pages. They're kind of interesting, but they leave me wondering why I would use them over simpler rules. I wish they had included some explanation of what makes this game's mechanism interesting, because I'm not really seeing it. Maybe I'll try it and it will be amazing, but it's hard to tell.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Return to “Warehouse Quonset Hut”