Dogs of War card game

Storage Unit for Rulebooks, Demos, and Player Aides/Charts

Moderator: Lucky Luke

josta59

Dogs of War card game

Postby josta59 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:54 pm

This is kind of a note-to-self, though others may be interested. I just found free rules to a card game called Dogs of War (Warp Spawn Games, 2002), all about mercs, that looks really cool to me. I'll have to make the cards myself...although it is possible to make card games on Vassal (http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Card_game), so I'll look into that first.

The rules are posted on a web page here: http://www.angelfire.com/games2/warpspawn/DOW.html. I made a PDF and attached it here:
DOGS OF WAR.pdf
(1.87 MiB) Downloaded 67 times

I'd love to play this with some guys here on the forum.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

josta59

Re: Dogs of War card game

Postby josta59 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Bingo. I found a Vassal module called Piecepack that allows for all kinds of games and lets you make customized cards. I should have this game up and running in no time. I'll play some solitaire rounds and see if it's as fun as it looks.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Sounds good Scott, keep us posted, is it a fast game, like could be played in one sitting "live: here on the site.

We need some good quick games, maybe this is it!!?

Cheers

Tom

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:42 pm

It could. I don't expect it to happen, but it's possible. Can't imagine when I'd have time for that.

By the way, there's a call for players now in Area 51.

Return to “Warehouse Quonset Hut”