Hey there!

Site Member Introductions

Moderator: Whiterook

ThatJimGuy

Hey there!

Postby ThatJimGuy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:00 pm

Hey all.

My name is Jim and I have been wargaming ever since I had a Panzer Leader when I was a kid. I absolutely love the Columbia Games' Wargame system. Love the fog of war the blocks give.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hey there!

Postby Whiterook » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:04 pm

Hiya TJG! Welcome to the site. Panzer Leader was the first wargame I played, as well. Still a classic which I play now and then. I have to admit, I've yet to try a Columbia Games wargame, but I probably will one day.

I moved your Kickstarter post to the Quartermaster's Tent....the 'where to get your gear' area of the forum. That's the only area we allow posts for informing on where to buy games and related gear :D

I look forward to hearing more about your gaming experiences and perhaps see you in a game here. Enjoy the forum!!!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:15 am

Hi Jim.

Welcome to the site.

I am probably one of the only guys on here who has played Panzer Leader, getting my start in minis gaming.

Have a look round and jump in if there is anything that strikes your interest. Any questions don`t hesitate to ask.

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:45 am

I too am one of the only guys to play Panzer Leader.. one of the few games to survive the flood of 95 in my collection. Welcome to the forum.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:24 am

Hi Jim!
I started on Panzer Blitz. Rommel in the Desert is one of my favourites.

rcleary171

Postby rcleary171 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi Jim,

Welcome - I'm new here too and just stared getting acquainted with the crew here.

Bob

Return to “Introductions”