computer wargamer

Site Member Introductions

Moderator: Whiterook

computer wargamer

Postby t341 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:09 pm

My first board wargame was in 1960, AH Waterloo. Turned to computer wargames in the 80's but slowly getting back into board wargames. I have a FaceBook group for those interested in tactical Computer Wargames...

Looks like a great site, thanks for letting me in!

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: computer wargamer

Postby Frank » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:00 am

Welcome to the forum, it sounds like you should find plenty to interest you here.

Just one more post needing approval and you will be a full member. If you have any queries then just ask, we are a friendly bunch.

"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Green Commander

Postby Green Commander » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Welcome, CW!
Never forget that your real adversary is the dice.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Welcome to the site! I've never played Avalon Hill's 'Waterloo', but I've seen it played at Origins and thought it a beautiful system. The wargamers playing it at the convention were fully immersed, and challenged in a battle to the point it was like watching a Grand Masters chess tournament!

Anyway, please check around the site and have fun. I'm glad to hear you're working to get fully into board wargaming again. Perhaps you'd like to jump in a Tank on Tank game in the War Room soon....I plan on GMing a few games of the system soon.

Please let me or any of the Mods know if you have any questions.....and please, we encourage your posting in the threads! ...always great to hear new perspectives, stories, and the games you love to play.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “Introductions”