Introduction

Site Member Introductions

Moderator: Whiterook

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Introduction

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:33 pm

Since the revised rules for Bolt Action will be out in the Fall, It might be a good reason to not invest in the rulebooks at this time.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:17 pm

Frizzenspark wrote:Since the revised rules for Bolt Action will be out in the Fall, It might be a good reason to not invest in the rulebooks at this time.

Oh dang, I didn't know that! So, is the core book is likely seeing a major re-do?
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:29 pm

Whiterook wrote:
Frizzenspark wrote:Since the revised rules for Bolt Action will be out in the Fall, It might be a good reason to not invest in the rulebooks at this time.

Oh dang, I didn't know that! So, is the core book is likely seeing a major re-do?

Initially, the Core Rulebook... hopefully the German book will get a re-do shortly after, it is getting long in the teeth. You might find some V.1 rulebooks at a good discount, so they might be worth getting after all.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Personally I would wait for the new book, yes you could probably find the old ones really cheap but if things change dramatically then they could be worthless.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:11 pm

Good to know.... I have the core RB and an expansion of some sort. I guess I should get rid of the RB when the new one comes out.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:32 pm

Whiterook wrote:Good to know.... I have the core RB and an expansion of some sort. I guess I should get rid of the RB when the new one comes out.

Archive is the proper term, never get rid of nuthin'

Green Commander
Private
Private

Postby Green Commander » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:02 am

Greeting Gents,

Sorry to have been away for a few days. End-of-month stuff at work, niece getting married today and all that.

I'll definitely check out both the book and the '44 scenarios. You guys rock.
Never forget that your real adversary is the dice.

https://armymenwargaming.wordpress.com/

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:50 pm

Green Commander wrote: Sorry to have been away for a few days. End-of-month stuff at work, niece getting married today and all that.

I was able to avoid my Nephew's wedding this past weekend by going to work instead.

Return to “Introductions”