introduction from Ohio

Site Member Introductions

Moderator: Whiterook

Ohio 1911

introduction from Ohio

Postby Ohio 1911 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:45 pm

thanks for adding me to the forum. 55 yo, been playing mostly Avalon Hill since 1979-ish.

greetings and salutations
have been playing AH games since late 70's
would LOVE to find F2F opponents

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: introduction from Ohio

Postby Whiterook » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi..... Welcome and thanks for joining the forum!!! :D Have a look around and please let us (the Mods or me) know if you have any questions. Please take a peek at the announcement for the DiceTower drawing when you get a chance...having posted an Intro thread, you've already made it past one hurdle.... We ask that you try and post five new topics before the end of the month, in any of the boards to qualify for the drawing, but the intent is to get you in the waters with the rest of us :D

Avalon Hiil games are classic, and still very playable in my book. I cut my teeth on Panzer Leader and Panzer Blitz back three+ decades ago at least :shock: I still have much of my stash built up through the years.

It's getting harder and harder to find face-2-face opponents for the older Avalon Hill games, but with the benefit of VASSAL, we are able to play a lot of these type games here in Play by Post.

Enjoy the forum and see you around the boards!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of affection for the old AH games on here so hopefully you will find plenty to interest you.

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:23 am

Hi Ohio, welcome. I. was just saying in another thread that AH Luftwaffe was my entry into wargaming when a friend asked me to play a game in the 70's. After years of FASA games, and games of my own design, I now mostly play WWII boardgames (A&A, Memoir 44, & Tide of Iron).
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:33 am

I am actually from OH - IO.... I'm one of those deluded miniatures gamers, though as Grognard, I am very familiar with AH games. Welcome to the forum
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

McCoy

Postby McCoy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:26 pm

Welcome to the MWF!
Reality - The worst game ever!

josta59

Postby josta59 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi, I also live in the Columbus area. Where are you, Ohio 1911?
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Return to “Introductions”