Greeting and Introduction

Site Member Introductions

Moderator: Whiterook

MadBrad

Greeting and Introduction

Postby MadBrad » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:46 am

Hello All,

Looking forward to some good discussions and exchange of ideas. I have been gaming for over 40 Years. RPGs, Consims, Miniatures and the occasional War/Euro game...and some Ameritrash to round out my play time.

Favorite periods of conflict...well...pretty much any. My philosophy in life is fairly simple. You get victory points every time you push figs and roll dice!

Thanks for the invite, and hope to take part in some great discussions.

MadBrad

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Greeting and Introduction

Postby Whiterook » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:56 am

Hi MadBrad, and welcome to the site!!!! :D

Great list of interests in the Wargaming gig.....I love your philosophy!!!!!

We've a laid back forum here, where the main goal is to have fun, and aspire to your philosophy! We've many chit-pushers, mini-pushes, and then pushers here, and even a few RPGers!

I'm traditionally a war-boardgames, but have gotten quite heavily into miniatures over the past decade or so....mainly WWII

I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Please try to post five new topics in the forum so as to get into the running for a free DiceTower http://www.militarywargaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2051&sid=55779b3d2baa63cfd017a7669e0ef467
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi.

Welcome from a mini pusher. :D Hope you find plenty to interest you here.

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:12 am

Hi Madbrad from another gamer from the '70's and 80's. Now days I am mostly into WWII boardgames with minis like Memoir 44 and Tide of Iron. I still like my A&A boardgames too. I was playing Battletech in the 80's and have a few map sets and expansions, (and tech manuals). I think my entry into wargaming was an AH game of Luftwaffe I played with a friend in the 70's.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:41 am

You'll notice that the site is populated with other Grognards... welcome to the forum..
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

McCoy

Postby McCoy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Welcome to the MWF!
Reality - The worst game ever!

Return to “Introductions”