Kentucky Wargamer...permission to board?

Site Member Introductions

Moderator: Whiterook

ClairC

Kentucky Wargamer...permission to board?

Postby ClairC » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:15 pm

Hi everyone...I'm a former Army officer living in Louisville, Kentucky. I have a wide range of military history gaming interests, as well as some fantasy/scifi gaming experience. I mostly do board gaming, but also have some miniatures of various topics. I do very little computer gaming (although one, "Mount & Blade," is taking too much of my time right now...need to get off that addiction!).

I'm always looking for casual gaming opponents in my area if you have a similar interest to what I feel like playing...I only play serious games, and only play the "Euro" and other fun games with my family...LOL. Mostly I study mobile land warfare, past, present, and future.

Looking forward to the discussions around here. I look for new game design ideas, and comments on kits that I don't own...I used to say that wasn't very many, but with SO many small game companies putting out good product these days, I can no longer claim that I own most board games!

Clair Edward Conzelman
Age about 60
Louisville, KY
U.S. Cavalry

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kentucky Wargamer...permission to board?

Postby Whiterook » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:55 pm

Welcome to the site, Clair! :D Thank you for taking the time to join up, and Permission Granted to come aboard!

First and foremost....thank you for your service!

You fit right in with the folks here at MWF, and I'm proud to say we've members from all over the world, with a variety of interests in Wargaming, as well as some modelers. I look forward to seeing you around the boards....and perhaps you'll jump in a game or two here, as well (we're slow but passionate at playing wargames!).

Make sure to post some topics and get in the running for a free DiceTower! And please let myself, or any of the Moderators know if we can be of any help maneuvering through the site.

Em
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

McCoy

Postby McCoy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:32 am

Welcome to the MWF!
Reality - The worst game ever!

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi Clair.

Welcome to the forum, as Em has said, we have a wide range of interests so hopefully you will find plenty to interest you.

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:37 am

Clair, I will be 60 this summer, and I have been gaming since the '70's. I enjoy mostly board games at this point (no miniatures to paint).
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Return to “Introductions”