Hell on Wheels

TV Shows & Mini-Series General Discussion

Moderator: Frank

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Hell on Wheels

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:44 pm

I agree with you on the fortification thing. I think any rational minded person would of done that. But i dont think that Herchle's family thought or even knew of, huge packs of walkers going around til Rick's group came into contact with them. {I belive they knew of small groups, but not the massive ones that eventually destroyed the place} Even then, i dont he would of done anything to his house because one, he was in denial, and two, he was desperately trying to hold onto the past and some kinda of normal routine to keep the family together and sane.

IRL that farmhouse and barn could of been turned into the "Guns of Navarone" if they would of done it right. I would of taken a tractor and dug a tank trap the whole way around that farm and lined it with punji sticks for starters and made a couple of draw bridges over it. Then stripped one of his out buildings and boarded up the house and one of the barns. Heck, they could of scoured around and found all kinds of heavy equipment sitting around and had that trench done in no time.

Oh well, i guess i should be a Hollywood screen writer lol.
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:05 am

Episode 3 was a little better, as they got back to a bit about trying to build the rail road, FINALLY.

And a few pics of HoW's as well

1.png
Love this pic with the full moom and the RR under it!!

2.png
The "bad guys" who are getting in the way of "progress"

3.png
I've been workin' on the railroad, all the live long day!! LOL

Cheers

Tom

josta59

Postby josta59 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Glad you posted that picture of the Sioux with the quotes. I finally saw this show last night and was disappointed with the negative portrayal of the natives. Do they tell any of this story from their point of view?
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:19 pm

Season 1 gives more than a bit of detail, the Drunken Priest has a daughter and another "follower", a converted Indian. Yep, all dressed up as a "white man", in season one it is show that this church going follower (forgot his name, sorry) is the son of one of the chiefs. That chief also has a more war like son and clashs with the white mans converted Indian and the father, and needless to say the Rail Roads!!.

Next there is an actual parley with the Rail Road head guy, also note that the Priest is sympathetic to the Indians plight (in season 1 he does not drink).

Nothing is agreed to but a race of the warrior son on his horse, against a choo choo, guess who won.

There are Indian attacks, and a final big battle you might want to see as well in season 1....

Season 1 is still much better so far that what we have seen of season 2, hope it gets better!!

Cheers, thanks for the interest Scott!!

Tom

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Episode 4

The Railroad Job

"Cullens past catches up with him and threatens the fate of the whole railroad"

Cheers, watching it tonight and hope it is the best ep yet!!

Tom

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:33 am

BEST gunfight of the series so far, and I hope they get back to the railroad stuff as well, but not quite yet!!

Cheers, good ep!!

Tom

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:59 pm

Next weeks episode looks like it will be the best so far. From the tidbits from trailers anyhow...
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:32 am

We will find out tonight KGP, I try not to look at next weks previews if I can help it.

Episode 5

Purged away with Blood

" Despite fighting to save his own life, Durant must try to keep the railroad from going under. Meanwhile, Cullen comes to the aide of an old comrade.

Cheers, can't wait to see what going to happen!!

Tom

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Cant wait to watch it. We DVR everything and watch it the next day so i have to wait for Monday night after the old lady gets home from work to watch it. :x

Im dying waiting on the new seasons of The Walking Dead & Justified. The Boss & I have been having mini marathons of the past seasons of both on our DVD sets in anticipation. :P

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:08 am

Got it, won't spoil ya til Monday night, a good and surprising ep, you will like I bet.

The previews of Dead look better than I thought they would, awaiting watching Copper in an hour, good show as well!!

BOSS, on this second season still deciding if I like it as much as the first season....

Tom

Return to “Rec Room”