Moderator: Frank

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Game of Thrones - Late Arrival to the Series

Postby Whiterook » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:19 pm

I switched providers for TV and got three months of free HBO :D

.....and, got hooked on Game of Thrones!!! :shock:

OMG, this is such a great series. I binge-watched Season One and am now starting Season Two. I cannot believe how good this show is. It reminds me of a grittier version of action seen in the Excaliber movie several decades ago; mixed with a little Lord of the Rings.

To say I was shocked at what happened with Sean Bean at the end of Season One would be a gross understatement!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Game of Thrones - Late Arrival to the Series

Postby Frank » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:22 pm

I have shamefully neglected this forum as of late and have only just seen this post so all I can say is, better late than never. the tv series is incredible, though I think the books are better, I have the first 4 series on dvd although I have only watched the first 2 sofar.

Reading the books first I was shocked as well at Neds death, though I really like the way he builds up a character to take centre stage and then just kills him off, it does change the direction of the whole series.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Game of Thrones - Late Arrival to the Series

Postby Whiterook » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:08 pm

Yes, the series is a constant flow of changing directions.

I plan to get the books soon, and delve into them. I'll likely pick them up for Kindle.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “Rec Room”