The Bridge

TV Shows & Mini-Series General Discussion

Moderator: Frank

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The Bridge

Postby Frank » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:01 pm

There has been quite a bit of Scandinavian drama, Nordic Noir as they call it, on UK telly recent;y and this is probably the best of the lot.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/the-bridge-review

Setting the crime scene exactly where Denmark meets Sweden on the middle of a bridge involves both countries in the investigation, causing a very unusual collaboration between a female `tec with, it`s hinted, Aspergers, and a much more "human" male cop. Once they establish a working relationship they find out just why the bridge was chosen for the body dump leading to a very traumatic ending.

The second series was good as well, but the third series in production now will be missing a main character and I am not sure just how that will work. There has been an American version made set between the US and Mexico and another set in the tunnel between the UK and France.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Bridge

Postby Whiterook » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:30 pm

Frank wrote:There has been quite a bit of Scandinavian drama, Nordic Noir as they call it, on UK telly recent;y and this is probably the best of the lot.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/the-bridge-review

Setting the crime scene exactly where Denmark meets Sweden on the middle of a bridge involves both countries in the investigation, causing a very unusual collaboration between a female `tec with, it`s hinted, Aspergers, and a much more "human" male cop. Once they establish a working relationship they find out just why the bridge was chosen for the body dump leading to a very traumatic ending.

The second series was good as well, but the third series in production now will be missing a main character and I am not sure just how that will work. There has been an American version made set between the US and Mexico and another set in the tunnel between the UK and France.

Interesting show there...hadn't heard of that one, nor of the American version you mention, but VERY interesting premise. Looks more interesting than a lot of tripe they seem to be rolling out on US TV.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

McCoy

Postby McCoy » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:23 pm

One word that I'd choose to describe this TV series with is "Different". Season one had an incredible suspense, season two wasn't good in my mind and a bad follow up. Now I'm seeing season three and I've just got two episodes left to see before it's done, the last episode goes on air tomorrow evening so I'm gonna see episode 9 and 10 tomorrow. Season three is almost as good as season one so my advice is to see it even if you like me don't like season two as it gets better. There's loose talk on doing a season four but it depends on Sofia Helin, the rest of the cast is up for it but she haven't decided and she's too important for the series.
Reality - The worst game ever!

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:02 am

We are a bit behind here in the UK, we have watched episodes 1 and 2 and have recorded 3 and 4 which we should be able to get round to seeing over the next couple of days.

It seemed a slightly weird plot device, teaming Saga up with a female cop who obviously resented the part she played in Martins downfall but now she has a new partner who seems to have some ulterior motive I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

We have heard nothing about a possible series 4 but you are right that it just would not be possible without Sofia Helin.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

McCoy

Postby McCoy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:12 am

If you've just seen ep 1 and 2 of season three I can say that it'll get much better!
Reality - The worst game ever!

Return to “Rec Room”