And the NOT SO BAD Movies/Shows you want to post about :)

Non-Military Movies Discussion

Moderator: Frank

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: And the NOT SO BAD Movies/Shows you want to post about :

Postby Frank » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:52 pm

The Omega Man is a really good film, far better I think than the Will Smith version.

It is probably very close but I understood the first interracial kiss was Kirk and Uhura from the proper Star Trek
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:06 am

Just got End of Watch, a cop show movie that was supposed to be the best in a long time, its pretty good, the Southland series is better though, but I would recomend a rental for this one if you don't buy a copy, just came out.

Cheers

Tom

josta59

Postby josta59 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:24 am

We just watched The Good Thief (2003) free on Time Warner On Demand last night. It's a remake of a French heist film called Bob Le Flambeur from 1956, which I haven't seen. The remake stars Nick Nolte, who effectively plays an aging thief addicted to heroin and gambling. I thought I was weary of heist films, but my wife and I both really enjoyed this one. A fun way to spend two hours without spending any money.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:25 pm

I know this has been out for awhile but i finally saw The Benchwarmers. I laughed my but off. Lame story but really funny. SNL vets Rob Schneider, David Spade, Jon Lovitz star with Jon Heder [Napoleon Dynamite] & Nick Swardon [who co-wrote the movie] and cameos by all kinds of sports stars from the past. Its about about of Adult losers who got picked on as kids who decided to play the bullies in town in baseball for revenge. A funny movie.
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:20 am

LIFE OF PI was'nt to bad, good concept I'd have to say.

Next up I'm going to watch is

Argo
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, LOL Ya Ya I know, but what he hell!!
Insidious
Fist of the Reich
Dawn of the Dragon Slayer
Fortress

I'll post up on what is good and whta is not on the two respective threads here as usual

Cheers

Tom

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:55 pm

RUSSIA'S WHITE TIGER WAS'NT TO BAD, I HAVE A PREVIEW IN ENGLISH AND THE FULL RUSSION VERSION ON YOUTUBE, IN THE MILITARY MOVIES/TV FORUM.

ALSO BSG'S BLOOD AND CHROME IS PRETTY GOOD AS WELL, THE WHOLE MOVIE IS ON THE NON-MILITARY FORUM IN A THREAD (THIS FORUM), FOR FULL VIEWING AS WELL.

CHEERS

TOM

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:48 am

Chasing Mavericks, a surfing kid movie and the new remake of Total Recall are not to bad for a rental!!

Fortress also not to bad, about the bombing crew in WW II.

Cheers

Tom

Hagen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hagen » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:35 am

TRDG wrote:Fortress also not to bad,

I enjoyed this one also.

josta59

Postby josta59 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:03 pm

G.I. Joe: Retaliation was not so bad. It wasn't so good, either, but I didn't expect much. I'd heard it would be closer to the comics than the first movie, and well...barely. The only part of the trailers that really got me excited were the parts with Bruce Willis, and it turned out those were the only parts of the movie that were really fun for me. But they're pretty fun!

I'm a lifelong fan of G.I. Joe, and the only way they could really satisfy me would be to take a story from the comics and recreate it with the same characters. Or at least attempt to do something close. This was just way too far off for me.

And even though I knew the characters, I found myself very confused much of the time. The dialogue is fast, and if you don't listen really carefully, you might miss something important. I know I did.

Then there are the moments that are just ridiculous, like when they identify a bad guy in one minute by sequencing the DNA in a strand of hair using a tiny device. Humanity is nowhere near that kind of technology, yet Hollywood keeps trying to make us think we are. And for some reason (spoiler alert), Cobra's bomb-dropping satellites all explode simultaneously when the countdown sequence is stopped. Huh?

Snake Eyes didn't have lips this time, but he still moved more like a Ninja Turtle than he should've. He's still just not right.

Anti-gun folks probably wouldn't watch this movie, but if they did, they'd really hate the scene where Bruce Willis opens a dozen secret compartments in his house to reveal loads of guns that get bigger as he goes along. That might be the most memorable scene for me.

I can't really recommend this movie since there are so much better ones to watch. Watch The Expendables 2, instead. Now that's an action flick.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:38 pm

I just don't watch movies at all anymore. 99% of whats made anymore is pure crapola. I long for the days of decent cinema. Hard to belive the best movie making is done on TV today.
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Return to “Public Cinema”