Prometheus (yep an Alien prequal by Ridly Scott, sort of...)

Non-Military Movies Discussion

Moderator: Frank

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Prometheus (yep an Alien prequal by Ridly Scott, sort of

Postby TRDG » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:42 am

Inside we see a young good loking blonde man looking into a specific Cryo tube. Here we meet the Robat David and he is looking into the dreams of our heroine, Dr. Shaw. Who is dreaming about her father and the way he thinks of death, and religion....

Next David rambles throughout the ship and eventually plays some hoops from a bike, and even masters another language or two from a computer.

Then the ships computer stats the ship has reached their destination, and the crew stars to wake up.

A striking Blonde is shown doing pushups and asks David if exeryone survived the trip here, and the reply is yes, all have made it.

Cheers

Tom

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:01 am

I FINALLY saw this a couple weeks back. I liked it...thought they did a nice job with it, but it didn't leave a lasting impression with me...except for Theron....damn, she's hot!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:22 am

Did ya like David the robot Em? I hear you though that I was so hyped up this movie when seen is hard to live up to our standards, but with 2 more films in the mix I think they will only get better!!

Cheers

Tom

josta59

Postby josta59 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:25 am

Still haven't seen it, but my dad said he would've enjoyed it more if someone hadn't told him it was an Alien prequel.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:26 am

I have finally watched this and i have to say i was really impressed.

The only part i didnt like was the engineer and the geologist, especially the geologist. Why would someone so obviously unbalanced be selected for a 2 year journey into outer space? It seemed a bit silly to me that those two would lose it so fast so early in the movie. Other than that i loved the movie.

I cant wait to see the sequel and find out why the "Engineers" made, and then decided to destroy human kind. And what a way to go about it, Xenomorphs!
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:38 am

NICE

As to the actions, I think the thught here from many is that they hired incompitants so the mission would fail in the end, His daughter was in change of that as I recall.

Did you see the deleted scenes as well in the special Blu Ray version, worth a look!!!

The script is done as the last remaining female has read it and said "it was just great" or to that effect.

Not sure what we will get, but the the Engineers planet, HOT DAMN!!!

Cheers

Tom

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:23 pm

I didnt see the extra scenes. The movie i saw i borrowed from my nephew and was the regular version.
Does the extended version put the scenes into the movie where they belong or do you have to veiw them out of the movie? I love it when they add them into the movie ala Lord of the Rings.
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:51 pm

OUT of the movie sad to say, but well worth it for some of the mysteries to be solved

Cheers

Tom

Return to “Public Cinema”