Prometheus (yep an Alien prequal by Ridly Scott, sort of...)

Non-Military Movies Discussion

Moderator: Frank

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Prometheus (yep an Alien prequal by Ridly Scott, sort of...)

Postby TRDG » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:36 am

2012-10-22_051157.png

2012-10-22_051211.png
This Look Familiar guys...?? LOL

2012-10-22_051227.png
In the Beginning!!
2012-10-22_051227.png (179.2 KiB) Viewed 1071 times

Cheers, hav'nt seen it yet as I think the best "cut" will be out in November of this year for a directors cut. The movie as is is more than a little bit ragged and disjointed from most reports!!

Tom

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Prometheus (yep an Alien prequal by Ridly Scott, sort of

Postby TRDG » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:45 am

The movie will finally be out on Oct 9th!! I'll have it in my hands at 12:01 AM Tuesday morning!! Ha Ha
2012-10-22_051242.png
A deleted scene pic, other Engineers were in the opening sequence of "sacrifice"!!
2012-10-22_051242.png (336.72 KiB) Viewed 1071 times

There is the basic DVD with no extras, the a Blu Ray DVD Digital 3D one that will have deleted scenes and commnts from Scott and the writer as well.

Cheers, can't wait for this to see how it plays out for me, good or not quite hitting the mark!!

2012-10-22_051257.png
The last Engineer reading a book before his final ending, cut from the movie as well.

Cheers, part 2 in this movie trilogy will be out in 2014 or 15, long time to wait me thinks, but could be worth it in the end!!

Tom

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:49 am

A three part prequal? Thats a bit crazy IMHO.

Dont get me wrong, ill check the movie out. I love the Aliens movies, but holy cow man, they milk the crap outta everything anymore. Nothing is sacred. They dont even try to hide it anymore lol.
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:19 am

Thanks for the post bud

If you went to almost any forum that has a movie thread or forum, you should see what all the fuss is about. From the best "thinking mans" movie to a very underdone and fairly wacky, unrealized farce.

So at 12:01 Tuesday morning I got my 4 disk collectors edition Prometh, and I am still watching the making of it right now.

I've followed a couple hotly contested thread in other forums, for and against the movie and I was VERY curious on what my tak is after my first viewing!!

Cheers, I am composing my thoughts right now!!

Tom

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:19 am

Please share with us when you've collected your thoughts. Id like to know the whole schmere as i know nothing of the movie or its plot line and how it eventually leads into Alien.
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 am

Oh, you evil person you.

I'll have to do a LOT of psting to do "it", the criticsm and the good stuff, but I'm up for it. Going to watch it again for the third time, take some notes and be back on the thread throughout the week!!

Cheers, no other TCGer has even a bit curious about this?? WOW

Tom

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:11 pm

You dont have to write a novel, just hit the high points lol.

josta59

Postby josta59 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:27 pm

TRDG wrote:Cheers, no other TCGer has even a bit curious about this?? WOW

A bit curious, but that's all. The ads I've been seeing in the past week show way more than the older ads did. They do have me curious. I told my wife last night we should add it to our Netflix queue.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:37 pm

Sorry guys sort of lost track of this with the site move and spending hours and hours moving pics from the old site and deleting posts and threads!!

Cheers, I'll get to it but I have to be in a right frame of mind....

Tom

josta59

Postby josta59 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:59 pm

My friend invited me to watch it with him the other night, but I wanted to catch up on some TV shows with my wife instead. So I guess it's still not drawing me very much.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Return to “Public Cinema”