Rogue One

Non-Military Movies Discussion

Moderator: Frank

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Rogue One

Postby Frank » Fri May 26, 2017 1:24 pm

It is a lot more like the original trilogy, isn`t it? And all from one throwaway remark in New Hope about a team of agents dying to get the plans.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Fri May 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Yeah, I thought I read somewhere where Disney got the franchise, and so I thought of this movie at first as just a way for them to make some quick cash off of one picture before the next major one in the series was complete. But I think if really adds to the original trilogy.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:11 pm

I think we have all seen far too often a studio take a franchise and milk it for all it is worth, but yes, this one definitely does add to the series.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Public Cinema”