STAR TREK, INTO DARKNESS

Non-Military Movies Discussion

Moderator: Frank

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

STAR TREK, INTO DARKNESS

Postby TRDG » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:11 am

Em reminded me of this one in another thread, so........

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: STAR TREK, INTO DARKNESS

Postby TRDG » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:13 am

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:15 am

TRAILOR 3

Cheers, anyone interested........ LOL

Tom

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:14 pm

I cannot WAIT to see this one!!! I was so surprised at the quality and fun of the first one. It brought the franchise back to life, yet again! Now, if SyFi Cannel would get their heads out of wrestlers' butts and bring a Star Trek show back on the air!!!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun May 05, 2013 11:42 pm

I'll wait myself until it is out on DVD, as some of the previews seem like they jumped the shark a bit for this one...... perhaps

Cheers, let us know when ya see it this month bud!!

Tom

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed May 29, 2013 8:11 pm

WOW!

Saw it tonight and Darth Vader is Luke's....oh wait, wrong movie! Seriously, just saw it tonight and I LOVED IT! I suspected 'something', and I was right....and I loved every minute of it! I really like the new, younger crew and I think they stay true to canon without getting stuck in the old. I think anyone who is a fan and knows the history of the franchise will appreciate it.

I've a workmate that is into Sci-Fi like me and a Trek fan, and he didn't like it. After seeing the movie, I knew exactly why. I believe he couldn't open his mind to what is on the plate...a fresh meal and not stale leftovers.

See it.

Lucky Luke

Postby Lucky Luke » Thu May 30, 2013 5:17 am

I'm a Star Trek fan since my childhood...I remember in my early teens watching the 'classic' series on "TeleMontecarlo"( a Italian language television channel from the Principality of Monaco)and I remember the 'magic' of the story (broken every 15' by cigarettes' commercial - forbidden in Italy - , long more than 10' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)- the lenght of a episode with commercial was over 1 hour and a half!!!!!!!!!!) . I'm an 'omnivore' fan and I enjoyed every Star Trek ever made...even if I feel the Picard/Riker characters as a Kirk's dichotomy.

My heart hurted for the sudden stop of ST:Enterprise but it's the hard life of a fan :lol:

I hope to make a dash to a movie theatre ASAP!

BTW, I found this site
http://www.auroratrek.com

and, in my opinion, the feeling of the first episode is like a pro-scripted episode...have a look and don't be spooked by the CG of the characters...

V6!

Luca

"I'd rather be lucky than good any day."

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:50 pm

I like Trek, but not a huge raving fan, I've seen all the shows and the movies but this one.

I hear and read that "true fans" don't like it, but thats to be expected with these things.

I'll buy the Blu Ray when it comes out at least.

Cheers

Tom

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:45 pm

Yeah....I learned my lesson with the Battlestar Galactica re-imagined series. I was at the front of the line of those PO'd that they messed with cannon so bad....until I saw it! Then, I was HOOOOOOOOKED! Ever since, I stay totally open minded with re-issues of old standards.

I know exactly why 'die hard' fans are outraged with this version of trek. All I have to say is, the need to get a life, man.

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Anybody got a life to spare, Em thinks I need one :lol: I have to say that the original series is what I think of when I hear the words Star Trek,(and Jeri Ryan as 7 of 9) nothing else even compares. DS9 is quite good if you think of it as a series set in the trek universe but I was not impressed with the first film in this new lot. I know they had to introduce the characters but there just seemed so much waffle and needless plot complexity for my liking, hopefully this one should be better. I will be waiting for the price to come down though.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Public Cinema”