CALL FOR PLAYERS: ASL

Call for Players/Play-testers & Game-play Interest Checks

Moderators: 50th, josta59

ctewks

CALL FOR PLAYERS: ASL

Postby ctewks » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:27 am

Anyone up for trying a full ASL scenario? We can play an early scenario and spell out moves, tactics, options, rules and so forth. ASL 1 Fighting Withdrawal is really an excellent way to learn the ins and outs of infantry rules in ASL. I'm happy to play either side, and have one or multiple players play the other side. Slow pace, VASL...etc.

Let me know of any interest.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CALL FOR PLAYERS: ASL

Postby Whiterook » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:47 pm

Hey Chuck...this is awesome! I am definitely interested in playing, and am open to any way of playing this. I'd like to throw this out to the membership:

• I've played about five scenarios total, the last time being last April :shock: ...and it was not pretty :lol: I probably know enough to be dangerous, though it is undetermined if it would be to the enemy or friendlies :o
  • 'Yo Duncan....if you are willing to take the lead in team play with me, I think I could learn a lot in getting back into this game!
  • I'd really like to have other members join in in like-wise being tutored through the system

I think this would be an awesome way to learn the system and for others to see if this game is for them or not.

One suggestion: For a PTO game I had started recently, I put together a War Leader's Conference Room, operated on the honor system of a thread for one side would not be looked at by the other side. In that way, tactics could be discussed hopefully in private :D

....Chuck, I really like the idea you suggest of '...spell[ing] out moves, tactics, options, rules and so forth' on the main game thread...a wonderful way to learn a game. The aforementioned conference room might be an additional way for the opposing force to plot :D

Duncan....you game??? And whom else???
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:19 pm

Yo, I'm in.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:55 am

Alas, I have far too much going on right now.

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:57 pm

Ah, what the heck. I'll find time if someone else sets it up.

Return to “Radio Shack”