Call for players - WWII in ASLSK Format

Call for Players/Play-testers & Game-play Interest Checks

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Duncan

Call for players - WWII in ASLSK Format

Postby Duncan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:01 am

I have set up the first battle of our WWII project. It'll be pretty free form. Contribute as generally or specifically as you like. No rules knowledge is needed but I will be happy to answer whatever questions you ask. The scenarios are from Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit but I am trying to be a little free form in the game. For example, in the scenario I have set up the Axis need to occupy building L5 while suffering <13 victory points (from casualties and eliminated AFV and guns). However, I simply said your (Polish) orders are to hold the post office and inflict casualties on the Axis. Simple enough eh?.. Get in there and sort it out!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Call for players - WWII in ASLSK Format

Postby Whiterook » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:56 am

Love it! Thanks Duncan!!! I look forward to delving back into this system. I've played something like half a dozen scenarios last Spring and haven't touched it since, so this is a great kick in the butt for me, personally. But more important, this is a great opportunity for members and guests to see the system in action.

For everyone not familiar with the Starter Kit version of the system, and may be intimidated by ASL in general (no pun intended), the SK system is a great beginner version of the fun blown system; and I'd go so far as to say, plays perfectly on it's own merits as it's own system, in the vein of Panzergrenadier, Lock 'N Load Tactical, and other popular bored-wargame titles.

Jump in guys and gals.... and for you guests peeking in, PLEASE take a moment to join up and jump in. We want you here as active members!!!!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Duncan

Re: Call for players - WWII in ASLSK Format

Postby Duncan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:11 pm

Keep in mind that I'll be playing it fairly free-form in order to keep things moving. Happy to answer any rules questions and break it down as much as people like, but keep in mind that will slow things down and I'm quite happy to take general orders and interpret them for the rules. That way no rules knowledge is required.

Return to “Radio Shack”