CALL FOR INTEREST - What genre?

Call for Players/Play-testers & Game-play Interest Checks

Moderators: 50th, josta59

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY?

Fantasy Roleplaying, Pathfinder based.
No votes
Science Fiction Roleplaying, GURPS 4ed based.
29%
Cyberpunk Roleplaying, Shadowrun 4ed based.
14%
World War II, Boardgame or a homebrew based on a boardgame.
43%
Cold War, Boardgame or a homebrew based on a boardgame.
14%

Total votes: 7

Duncan

CALL FOR INTEREST - What genre?

Postby Duncan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:03 pm

What would you folks like to play if I take on a game? No experience will be required for any of these.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CALL FOR INTEREST - What genre?

Postby Whiterook » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:54 pm

WWII is always a primary for me; though I have been meaning to get into Sci-fi as well; and I have no idea what cyberpunk is but it sounds cool as heck!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:18 pm

I've been so hungry to get my game on that I'll play anything. I love the Cold War, but all of these sound cool.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:51 pm

Perhaps I'll begin the chronological ASLSK as I did briefly on ACG?

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:31 pm

Duncan wrote:Perhaps I'll begin the chronological ASLSK as I did briefly on ACG?

I played about four or five scenarios at this past years' Nor'easter event..... one ASLSK, and four full blown scenarios. I got crushed on the full blown ones and was left extremely overwhelmed so, I definitely want to just play SK scenarios right now... personally. I actually see a lot of similarity to Lock 'N Load Tactical, in terms of basic squad-level action.

I'd love to see it offered here at MWF, but I've been too new to the system to GM anything. I'd love to see other members jump in, too. Perhaps even drag some ASLers to the site, that are of a mind to help people break into the system (as they seem to be at cons). I might be able to drag a few over, if you are willing of a mind to GM in the beginning; and I'm willing to pitch in later, once my feet are more firmly planted.

For my tastes, I'd love to see some ASLSK#1 done for awhile, before moving into artillery.

Just free thinking.

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:16 pm

My one concern is participation. Rules should not be an issue because folks can contribute what they like. If they just want to give simple English orders great. If they have a ton of rules questions and want to grind the ASLSK machinery, fine with that too.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:29 pm

Duncan wrote:My one concern is participation. Rules should not be an issue because folks can contribute what they like. If they just want to give simple English orders great. If they have a ton of rules questions and want to grind the ASLSK machinery, fine with that too.

Would you suggest player on player games, or multiplayer? I ask because, Double Deuce (haven't seen him in a LONG tome here) did a nice multiplayer game somewhere....I can't remember where (maybe WWII Zone or ACG?)....where it was being played by a nice sized group of like 6 gamers. Problem was, he abandoned it early on.

Head over to the Den for a separate discussion.

josta59

Postby josta59 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:01 pm

I hope we can do more than one of these choices in 2017. I'd love to play another board game, but man, I've been itching for some roleplaying (which is weird for me), and either fantasy, sci-fi, or cyberpunk sounds fun (really weird for me)!
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:58 pm

I think I will probably raise from the dead a project I began on ACG. Play through the Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit scenarios in order. I mod the Axis and the forum plays the Allies.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:10 pm

Duncan wrote:I think I will probably raise from the dead a project I began on ACG. Play through the Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit scenarios in order. I mod the Axis and the forum plays the Allies.

I'm down for that!!!!

Return to “Radio Shack”