INTEREST CHECK: Fantasy/sci-fi board/card game Heavy Metal Heroes

Call for Players/Play-testers & Game-play Interest Checks

Moderators: 50th, josta59

josta59

INTEREST CHECK: Fantasy/sci-fi board/card game Heavy Metal Heroes

Postby josta59 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:34 am

This might surprise some of you, but my interests are finally starting to expand beyond wargames set after 1950. :o

I'm planning to put together materials for a fantasy/sci-fi game (battling included, so we can call it a wargame?) by WarpSpawn Games based on the Heavy Metal magazine and movie. It's a board game with cards and dice called Heavy Metal Heroes. See rules here: http://www.angelfire.com/games2/warpspawn/HMH.html

I'll be playing this at home with my family and hopefully friends, but I'd love to play it online too. I ran a card game on this site years ago and it went fine. Anyone interested?
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

josta59

Re: Fantasy/sci-fi board/card game Heavy Metal Heroes

Postby josta59 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:50 am

Couldn't get my wife excited, of course, but my five-year-old girls are going to love making their own customized card decks for this game...that's right, we're making our own collectible card game using these rules! It's called Heavy Metal Heroes but will probably end up having My Little Ponies in it! :lol: :twisted:
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:03 pm

haha...that's GREAT! I'll be following this.....I'm curious about the game. I'd jump in but the plates a little too full at the moment.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:58 pm

Ok, I'm no longer interested in trying this.

Return to “Radio Shack”