CALL FOR PLAYERS (03/2014): World at War

Call for Players/Play-testers & Game-play Interest Checks

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

CALL FOR PLAYERS (03/2014): World at War

Postby Whiterook » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:24 pm

It's the summer of 1985 and Soviet tanks stream into West Germany. Thinly spread NATO forces strive to delay the red hordes until reinforcements arrive, and the world watches anxiously, dreading the nuclear weapons held in each super power's arsenal.

image.jpg

A platoon level simulation that stresses command, control, and war's unpredictable nature, World At War is an engaging, tactical action game.

image.jpg

The rules cover self-propelled mortars, thin-skinned vehicles, support weapons, ranged combat, opportunity fire, ATGM depletion, assault and overrun combat.

image.jpg

This is very much like White Star Rising, but in a modern-day(-ish) WWIII setting.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Re: CALL FOR PLAYERS: World at War

Postby josta59 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:56 pm

You know I'm down, buddy! But I'd like to see some other people playing games here too, so only include me if you can't find anyone else. But I definitely want to play!
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:19 pm

I'll be GMing more of this title most likely, same as White Star Rising. We'll see if anyone bites...if not, maybe you and I can take this first one for a spin

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:40 am

Some background on this series of games....and yes, it is a series of games: The World at War (WAW) game system starts with a base game, called Eisenbach Gap Deluxe. The boxed version of this game is a 'deluxe' version because it combines the original game, 'Eisenbach Gap' and it's first module 'Death of the First Panzer' (I believe the latter was a zippy).

First: We will be playing the base game.
Second: The good news behind this is, the the Nations at War series (starting with White Star Rising) was based on the World at War system! So, if you know how to play one, the other is almost the same! :D ...with a few adjustments, particularly for play in Modern Combat (WAW) vs WWII (NAW)

I'll be putting up a thread comparing WAW to NAW

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:45 pm

josta59 wrote:You know I'm down, buddy! But I'd like to see some other people playing games here too, so only include me if you can't find anyone else. But I definitely want to play!

That pretty much sums it up. I am here if you need players.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Radio Shack”