INTEREST CHECK: Lock 'n Load: Heroes of the Gap

Call for Players/Play-testers & Game-play Interest Checks

Moderators: 50th, josta59

josta59

INTEREST CHECK: Lock 'n Load: Heroes of the Gap

Postby josta59 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:54 pm

I'm interested in learning a new game, but I'm tired of playing solitaire and I don't want to learn a game just to have no one play it with me. I found this forum when I got interested in Lock 'n Load: Heroes of the Gap, and I've read through the rules but I still haven't tried it out.

"Heroes of the Gap...brings the Lock ‘n Load system to the environs of Eisenbach, Germany on the first day of World War III."

Em was kind enough to send me all the published scenarios for this game, and I have the Vassal module. Would anyone be interested in playing this any time soon? If so, I'll get busy finally learning how to play it.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Hagen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Interest check: Lock 'n Load: Heroes of the Gap

Postby Hagen » Tue May 14, 2013 11:45 am

After a chat with Josta I'll give it a go! :)

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:57 pm

Good deal, Mike....I'm excited to see this game play out. You playing him, Scott?
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:00 pm

I apologize, Mike...I was traveling on vacation that week and completely forgot about this! Things have been nuts at work since then. Thanks, Em, for the gentle reminder.

Tell ya what, Mike. I think things are gonna get less crazy later next week. I'll start setting things up then, and I'll keep you updated on my progress in a logistics thread. Watch for it in a few days.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:35 am

And Em has graciously agreed to be Mike's opponent so I can focus on managing the game, since I've never managed any game before. His Lock 'n Load experience will come in very handy. Thanks, Em!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:44 am

Looking forward to it! It's a game I've had i my radar to learn for quite a bit of time now so this is a good thing for me. Learning under fire, so to speak. If you need any help setting the game up, say the word.

josta59

Postby josta59 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Sorry guys, I am very interested in doing this soon, but right now I'm just not in the right place mentally for it. I definitely need to review the rules again before we get started, too. That's why this was an interest check and not a call for players. But I'm so happy you guys are ready to play. I can't give make any scheduling promises right now because I'm still very busy, but we'll get to it eventually. In the meantime I'll be watching your chariot race with interest.

Scott

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:16 pm

Don't sweat a quick jump off on this, my friend...there is no rush and we can start when things free up a little. Plus, the rules are nothing to sneeze at....better to take your time with getting comfortable with the ruleset. It uses Version 3, if I remember correctly, which is basically Band of Brothers rules stripped out for a generic book and a sub-ruleset specific to the period. They're the type of rules that personally, I need to read a few times to 'start' to grasp it.

Hagen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hagen » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:04 pm

No sweat Scott, I'm getting into a game of Circus Maximus at the moment and maybe a chess match in the upcoming future. And one set of new rules (Circus Maximus) is more then enough for me to learn at a time. :D

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: INTEREST CHECK: Lock 'n Load: Heroes of the Gap

Postby Whiterook » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:09 pm

OK...you boys still interested in playing this?

I just downloaded the VASSAL Mod for this. I've never played it, but I think I have enough of a handle on the rules to GM a game...'m willing to try if you're willing to play! Note though, nothing big like tanks or air....just Infantry, as I really am new at it myself.

Return to “Radio Shack”