Important Site News

Forum News and Updates on Site Management

Moderator: Whiterook

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Important Site News

Postby Whiterook » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:42 pm

I am looking to switch the site over to a new Content Management System style of website, where we will not only be a forum, but have other cool features that go beyond the more simple forum software we currently use.

That means this site as you see it today, may go down for a period of time, while things are worked on behind the scenes. If that happens, I will post updates on the Facebook group site MWForum DropZone.

This is a very complex project, with many unknowns. One of the biggest is, if the site is switched to the new software, you may need to re-register to be on the new Military Wargaming site. The website URL for the new site will remain the same: www.militarywargaming.com.

Please have patience with the transition, when it starts. There are a lot of moving parts with this so, thank you for your understanding.

My main goal here is to bring you a better community experience.

Thanks!!!

Em
'Rommel...you Magnificent Bastard...I read your book!" - Gen. Patton

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Important Site News

Postby 50th » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:45 am

Looking forward to it! I remember the change from the old site (TCG) to this one and the great things we now take for granted. I am looking forward to the new site and the new features we will have available then. Thank you again for doing this, for all of your hard work so that gamers will have a place to show off our games, modelers to show off their models, and for the like minded to find people to talk to about history, movies, books, and more importantly, games!

Dice art.jpg
Dice art.jpg (20.75 KiB) Viewed 104 times
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Just one thing, when we last changed I came back from two weeks away without internet to find you had moved home and changed your name. :o

I was really starting to wonder if you were trying to give me a hint. :cry:
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:41 pm

Frank wrote:Just one thing, when we last changed I came back from two weeks away without internet to find you had moved home and changed your name. :o

I was really starting to wonder if you were trying to give me a hint. :cry:

LOL...I forgot about that!!! :lol: Yeah, I was locked out of my own dang forum and had to change my registered name until I could fix the crashed Admin account from the horrific update. That was all phpBB crap at its finest! Another reason I wanted to get away from phpBB software and into a new software platform; but of course, I never dreamed it would be vBulletin as our next home! ...I owe a lot to Jim Ohlstein for selling me his vB4 license at the friends discount!

For everyone though, let me remind you that if things go offline for a bit here during the switch...I will be giving SITREPs at the facebook group site, MWForum DropZone. Even without a facebook account, I think you can see that group.

I'll try my best to send out a mass email before the site goes down, as well.
'Rommel...you Magnificent Bastard...I read your book!" - Gen. Patton

Return to “Announcements”