Animal Lurkers

General Discussions Non-Wargame Related

Moderators: Whiterook, josta59, Lucky Luke

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Animal Lurkers

Postby 50th » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:01 pm

Anyone out there (besides Em) have a pet that likes to come into your game room and disrupt your game with insane cuteness or other antics? Here's our little game interruption:

She is a Shih Tzu Mini-Beagle mix

I'll try to get a better pic of her later. Oh, her name is Maud (my wife's dog before she and I were going out, but the dog grew on me).
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Animal Lurkers

Postby Whiterook » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:53 pm

She's a cutie!!! Cat's are much more strategic with their mayhem, I believe. I think a dog will ask for forgiveness, after being scolded for decimating an army. A cat will just look at you sideways and and ask what the hell you were thinking leaving it out there for them to destroy, if that wasn't the intention.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:13 am

The best pictures of our dog that I could find were taken by me a couple of years ago at our old place.

Like I said, she is a Shih Tzu Mini-Beagle mix, and she does the Beagle howl! But she is one of the smartest dogs I have ever seen. We put her in her kennel when we leave to go anywhere (especially because she has a a few accidents since we moved into the new place back in July), and she goes in by herself when she sees us putting our shoes on. When she needs to go outside, she sits and stares a hole in you and won't move until you ask if she wants to go outside. I swear she knows the word "popcorn", because one night I asked my wife if she wanted some popcorn, and the dog bolted out of the bedroom and was excitingly looking at us both. She is also very picky because popcorn that pops out of the air popper onto the ground, she won't touch because it don't have butter and salt on it. My wife taught her not to jump up on the furniture without your Ok, so when she wants up, she will sit and look at you with her tail wagging. I grew up with the idea that dogs stayed outside, so this is the first inside dog I've lived with. I wasn't wild about the idea at first, but she has grown on me, and even thought she started out as my wife's dog, she will lay on my wife's lap for only so long before she is at my recliner wanting up. When I was in the hospital, my wife said she would lay by the recliner with her head down.

"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:05 pm

That's a great write-up. I love dogs, though I haven't owned one since my teens...a poodle. They are wonderful companions.

I'm a cat guy now. I hear you on growing up with the 'outside' mentality, as there are a lot of dogs even here in cold Massachusetts that are outside quite a bit. But I am a firm believer that pest should be inside, as they are domesticated...just like husbands (a different kind of dog :lol: ). To me , it's simple....your pet os domesticated; or it's a wild animal hat should be outdoors.

It pisses me off no end, people who train cats to be outdoor cats. If they are ferrel, OK, that's how it went down for them, and they are probably better off outdoors to their temperament. But if the cat is in any way an indoor cat, and domesticated, they should be indoors. I know a lot of people will disagree with that, but my feeling comes about as a result of many years working on an Army base, and seeing soldiers abandon the family cat as they PCS out.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “Canteen Break”