Who Are You?!?... And What Have You Done With My Wife?!?

General Discussions Non-Wargame Related

Moderators: Whiterook, josta59, Lucky Luke

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Who Are You?!?... And What Have You Done With My Wife?!?

Postby Whiterook » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:13 pm

Frizzenspark wrote:
Whiterook wrote:She has an alternate agenda. I am certain of it. Watch your back, lad....watch your back. I'm thinking one night, when yo were sound asleep, "They" beamed her out and replaced her with a replicant. Your are soooooo screwed!

She is heavy into the Cthulhu based games... maybe she's actually an Ancient One.

Well, the signs are certainly there! Please don't tell her I am saying any of this...I don't need a visit from the hidden moon ship (not again so soon, anyway).
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:49 pm

My Missus has a progressive interest in boardgaming that has me frequently removing my jaw from the linoleum. We (She) has added a few more games to our (Her) collection. I have proposed that She work Staff for the Ohayocon Tabletop Room... I think She just might.

I backed a third Kickstarter Game: Grimm Forest.. an interesting Worker Placement game involving decendants of the "Three Little Pigs" and other Fairy Tale Favorites. Looks fun and interesting:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/druidcitygames/the-grimm-forest?ref=discovery
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Those look like fun! Where are you putting al your newly purchased games? You're going to need a PODS unit!!! :lol:

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:06 am

The Missus has been eye-balling my bookshelves..... Probably won't budge on this one.

She called me at work the other day, asking what time I'd be off..... She tracked down a game She wanted to buy before before we went to our C.A.B.S. meeting... She even price compared it with the various FLGS's in the area.... (be afraid, be very afraid).

Our Origins Game Fair plans might include work... C.A.B.S. runs the Boardroom (boardgame section); the Missus has considered volunteering. Gale Force Nine is looking for flunkies, I did it for them once, had a great time... they're offering an armload of game-loot for my efforts. Both opportunities offer free admission (which we already have discounted anyway) and my son might be home on leave with his Wife, this could be good or bad for our Game Fair prospects.

The Missus has as mentioned earlier picked up several games over the last two weeks, no duds in the bunch so far; this includes a game about Jungle Animals making delicious Fruit Smoothies...
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Tue May 16, 2017 10:23 am

What the Missus and I have spent on games over the last few months is scandalous; but we do play often, several nights a week. We'd probably get rid of cable tv if her Mother didn't live with us.

We were fortunate to play "YAMATAI" in its pre-release through our membership in C,A,B,S, ; one of the senior members obtained a copy from the manufacturer, it is on our BUY list when it comes out at the end of June (hopefully they have copies at Origins). We muddled through at the start, then picked up a rythym. very playable as well as attractive.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/213893/yamatai

We went shopping for a Mothers Day present for the Missus; she picked out several titles; I hemmed and hawed on a few... didn't pick any. She went to the car while I bought some minor items. She was on the internet on her phone and informed me that she wanted "Caverna" I went back in the shop as a good husband should, and purchased this behemoth.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/102794/caverna-cave-farmers

I was right on many of the other games we considered (video reviews were mildly appreciative); Caverna, on the other hand was wildy admired by many game reviewers and seems suitable to our style of play. The them has Stone Age Dwarves... what's not to love?!?!? It weighs a ton and has
many attractive components. Enthusiasm, versus potential regret is a great motivator in purchases.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 am

I walked the halls of Origins with both the Boardgame and War Room Ribbons on my badge. I spent most of my time in the CABS boardgame rooms, when not playing in tourneys.

I plan on going next year...I was going this year but a trip came up that altered that....I was going to do demo duties for a couple companies, but that'll have to wait 'til next year.

Love that the missus is so into the gaming gig.... you have a winner there, my friend!

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sat May 20, 2017 7:49 pm

The Missus is pulling the same crap that I pulled in my youth; She came across a small pile of cash, went to the game store (while she was "somewhere else") and bought a game that she was looking for that nobody else had...... what women would want a game titled "A Feast for Odin"
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/177736/feast-odin

It looks like she will volunteer for the Boardroom for C.A.B.S. at Origins; I might do the same or work for Gale Force Nine and garner some tchotchkes. We are locked in for the convention this year.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue May 23, 2017 6:08 pm

Dude...I think I'm falling in love with your wife

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Tue May 23, 2017 11:22 pm

Whiterook wrote:Dude...I think I'm falling in love with your wife

I saw Her first!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed May 24, 2017 8:58 pm

Frizzenspark wrote:
Whiterook wrote:Dude...I think I'm falling in love with your wife

I saw Her first!

Noted :lol: ;)

Seriously, I think it is so amazing that she's so into gaming and sharing one of your favorite hobbies. I mean, that is truly special!

Return to “Canteen Break”