Who Are You?!?... And What Have You Done With My Wife?!?

General Discussions Non-Wargame Related

Moderators: Whiterook, josta59, Lucky Luke

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Who Are You?!?... And What Have You Done With My Wife?!?

Postby Whiterook » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:10 pm

Very cool stuff, on the KickStarter stuff....I've pledged for several games myself, and it really can't be beat, as long as you know you're dealing with a reputable dealer.

Sad to hear the minis gaming was down at the con....that was always a highlight part of attendance for me.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:54 pm

Grognard Gaming has been greatly reduced; Miniature Games, particularly historical ones, far less visible... at least collectively... there were areas where manufacturers would demo their own merchandise.

We've grown a bit game-fat after Origins... we're not quite buying as many.... but we're still playing several times a week.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:14 pm

One of the Friendly Local Game Stores held a GenCan't convention for those that couldn't make it to GenCon. The Missus hit it two days running. She did well in the Takenoko tournament, scoring us some water/irrigation sticks.

I followed her there on Sunday; we played the "King of Tokyo" tournament, I won the first game, but did not fare as well in the other two, I was one point down from the the two tie scores. coming in third, we scored some nice energy tokens.

We played Yokohama as a non-tournament game, pretty intense.... I won! :D It's a really good game.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/196340/yokohama

In one month we will have the Buckeye Game Fest, hosted by our game club. I will run demos of "Doctor Who: Time of the Daleks"; the game still has not been release but Gale Force Nine will loan me a prototype.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:29 am

The Buckeye Game Fest is going on and it is doing well for a local convention. I have been demo-ing Gale force Nine's "Doctor Who: Time of the Daleks" game. I have had scheduled events, but I've been doing better in the "Open Gaming" department...

I've made some great purchases in the very modest Dealer's Room (more of a broom closet). I bought two GMT games "Normandy'44" and "Halls of Montezuma" getting both for $55.00 (US); The Missus picked up two games, either of which exceeded my purchases: "Fate of the Elder Gods", which is another Cthulu based game, and "Viticultuer" which is about vinyards and winemaking.

We had some water damage at our house which moderately impacted some of our games; we'll get ten bucks a game for each of the boxes that got dampened. With the exception of the boxes and a couple of rulesets, no components suffered any damage. We were quick at our rescue...

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:15 pm

The Missus continues to sneak around buying games behind my back.... :D She's on another Cthilhu kick.... bought a game entitled "Fate of the Elder Gods".... she kicks my butt in it regularly...

We're still contending with the water damage issues in the house... still, things are slowly improving..

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:21 pm

I'd start to be a little worried, if I were you. I see these shows on TV where people are switched out with anything from robots to aliens. I'm just sayin'

Hey, did you ever catch the DVG title ...Hornet Leader... that takes It and remakes it Chuth...-whatever-that-is-stuff?
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “Canteen Break”