How's the weather?

General Discussions Non-Wargame Related

Moderators: Whiterook, josta59, Lucky Luke

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How's the weather?

Postby Frizzenspark » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Got close to sixty degrees fahrenheit, but was gloomy; I took the fortune of the good weather to get rid of the leaves in the yard.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:56 am

Quite nippy with a heavy frost this morning.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Heavy snow today....started at about 11am and due to continue to tomorrow noon. That in itself wouldn't be so horrible; but there's a chance for some sleet/freezing rain to mix in later, which would make it a bear to clear tomorrow.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:55 am

Our snow comes Wednesday night into Thursday morning. But the colder temps are here now. Brrrr
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:56 pm

We only had the one lot of snow but it has been quite foggy and cold, freezing or below most of the time.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:35 pm

It's been in the upper fifties (F) for the better part of the week cleaned the leaves out of my gutter and straightened out the garage on Sunday, it's reverting to normal January weather now.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Lucky Luke

Postby Lucky Luke » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:53 am

Here in Rome about 54 F....sunny and clear sky,visibility unlimited....in pilot jargon CAVU (Ceiling And Visibility Unlimited)
V6!

Luca

"I'd rather be lucky than good any day."

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:24 pm

Ice storms all day and night tomorrow.... Nor'easter snow due in Thursday! New England

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:57 pm

Whiterook wrote:Ice storms all day and night tomorrow.... Nor'easter snow due in Thursday! New England

Ouch! We had rain and 62 degrees today. It got windy and overcast. Our tempatures have been going up and down since December. A lot of people are sick with colds and flu,
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:13 pm

Nor'easter due in tomorrow....my little hovel is expected to get 12-18" of snow :shock: Thank GOD for snowblowers!!! Oh well...it will be nice working tomorrow, with the snow falling, as my window in my home office is right off my left shoulder!

Return to “Canteen Break”