Talkin' comics

Your Other Hobby-related Interests for When You're Not Wargaming

Moderators: Geek44, Hagen

josta59

Talkin' comics

Postby josta59 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:14 pm

Don't know if any of you are into comics at all, but I started a YouTube show where I just talk about the ones I've been reading. Mostly Marvel, focusing on X-Men. No one is watching it, so I thought I'd get the word out a little.

My YouTube channel is at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgMlQKlirOzRpiQyzZCasUw

Here's the latest video.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Talkin' comics

Postby Whiterook » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:13 pm

haven't read comics since my Babylon 5 ones back in the mid-90's....though, I do love them in general. I've been meaning to look and see if there were still any WWII one's out there, like the old Sgt Rock.

Anywho, I think this is a really cool project you're undertaking and will have a look. My Flash player is disabled currently. I always loved Sheldon's Fun with Flags show :lol:
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:16 am

Ha ha! And I'm not sure if you've ever seen me in a video, so it will be like meeting me for the first time!

However, no one is watching my videos, and the whole point was to interact with others who read these books, so I'm quitting already. No sense putting the time and energy into it.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

josta59

Postby josta59 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:28 am

BTW, here's the only WWII webcomic I've read. I haven't read it in a long time...I sort of forgot about it. But you might enjoy it. It's called Brave Resistance.

http://braveresistance.thecomicseries.com/comics/first/

It's about an American-Indian in the Nazi-occupied Greek Highlands. It's written in English by a Greek woman and illustrated by an American lady firefighter who goes by Pit-Face.

"In 1943, an American P-51 Mustang pilot crashes in the mountaintops of northern Greece. Technically, he's behind enemy lines since the Nazis occupy Greece. But is he, really?"

Return to “Hobby Center”