Moderator: Frank

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Company of Heroes

Postby TRDG » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 am

2013-03-24_232653.png
2013-03-24_232653.png (198.38 KiB) Viewed 1117 times

I picked this up as I was curious to see what this was about.

2013-03-24_232426.png
The dog faces
2013-03-24_232426.png (273.21 KiB) Viewed 1117 times

NOT an epic but it is of interest, as some GI's go behind enemy lines to get a POW scientist out who will help in creating the bomb.

2013-03-24_232549.png
T-34/85's in discuise as German Pz IV's, LOL
2013-03-24_232549.png (130.19 KiB) Viewed 1117 times

They use the usual Russian tanks for Germans, LOL but the acting overall is not to bad, worth a rental at least.

2013-03-24_232457.png
The Germans
2013-03-24_232457.png (233.77 KiB) Viewed 1117 times

Cheers

Tom

Hagen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Company of Heroes

Postby Hagen » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:35 pm

Will definitely check it out if I get the chance. I've liked Jurgen Prochnow since I first saw him in Das Boot.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:31 am

A rental for sure at least, I bought mine but it was fairly cheap, the German (Russian) armour still bugs me, but I can say that for almost all the shows like this.

Cheers, let me know what ya think of it when you do.

Tom

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Is Tom Sizemore clean now or is he working for more smack?
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:16 pm

I just saw this flick last night...I taped it on my TiVo last Christmas LOL....and it was on a channel that didn't cut it or edit out any profanity. Anyways, as Tom apply mentioned, not an epic. Thee problem for me is, I wasn't sure it was even *good*!

>>>>>> Spoiler Alert for anyone desperate enough on a Saturday night with ABSOLUTELY nothing better to do than to watch this flick >>>>>>>>>>

Tom Sizemore played a key role in the movie, and it was nothing even remotely close to his wonderful role in Saving Private Ryan. That brought the movie down for me, as did the horrible use of the Russian tank trying to pretend to be a Pz IV.

At times, I was wondering if I was watching a movie; or did I actually morph into a video game with better graphics? For example...the prolific use of slow motion-blood-huring-through-the-air from various body parts was just too over-used and turned it into a cheesy pseudo-horror fest. The German body popped like a grape, crushed under the tank treads was especially disturbing in choice of action filming. And I am positive that many fine American soldiers during WWII would loved to own one of those magical Thompson submachine guns that hosed down dozens upon dozens of German foe in a single sweeping pass. I was waiting for zombies to emerge at any moment to complete the scene at every turn!

The German scientist was just plain weak (though the daughter was pretty damned HOT!); as was the premise that a squad of American soldiers bumbling into a mission to extract him while delivering Christmas hams to the front. Really?????

Here....let me repeat that again to make sure we all have the foundation clear: A squad of American soldiers bumbling into a mission to extract a Nazi scientist that built 'The Bomb' that by the way is not 'The Bomb', while delivering Christmas hams to the front. I guess they were out of Turkeys.

Oh, and yeah, they also *happen* to bump into a bad-assed Russian soldier that acts like a supersoldier, and a Brit Flyboy that on steroids...ON A PRISON TRAIN THAT'S NOT A PRISON TRAIN GUARDED BY GERMAN SOLDIERS!

The bad guy? ....'nough said.

I did however, immensely enjoy how the locomotive in Stuttgart chanced from one type to another...that was pretty cool.

I'd be happy to give a thumbs up or down on this one, but they are both badly sprained and wrapped in bandages from having them jammed in my eyes attempting to get myself to stop watching this movie.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:02 pm

Yeah, I actually plopped down a few bucks to buy this movie a few months ago. The tanks bugged me too, but so did the poor acting, especially on the part of the bad guy. It starts out kinda good, but goes down from there.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:48 pm

I agree with that statement...it does start out kinda good. There's a lot that they could have done with this production, as they got a lot right: uniforms, gritty setting, most weapons, etc. The problem I saw was the storyline and plot.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “Post Theater House”