Man-Cave, Game Rooms

Showcase of Wargaming Board & Miniatures Games, and Dioramas outside of the Membership

Moderator: josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Man-Cave, Game Rooms

Postby Whiterook » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:13 pm

This is a thread to highlight some of the Game Rooms you've seen on the Internet or in person.

Tell is what you like about them. Perhaps there is even present some inspiration to build your own!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Man-Cave, Game Rooms

Postby Whiterook » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:21 pm

From Ritter's War Table on facebook...

image.jpg

I love the fact that the table itself is somewhat compact, compared to most wargaming tables. Often, they can be bigger than your standard barroom behemoth pool table! But this one is a perfect size for an in-house room (like a spare bedroom turned wargame room). It really impresssed me right away.

Then, it was the unit that holds the board itself, that caught my eye. Simple and classy.

Obviously, the firepower on the wall, and the manikin in full German swag is enough to give you a woody!!!!

The room looks VERY comfortable, and a true refuge.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:23 am

Is that ASL? I didn't know the boards were so tiny. That certainly helps conserve space.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Lucky Luke

Postby Lucky Luke » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:20 am

Yes it is a ASL gaming table (with the dice tower!!!), and the Rule folder is right under the computer...and yes, the maps are smaller than the standard ones in other games, in the starting SL game there are four and some more in every expansion.

With their geomorphic capability they could built a lot of different terrain and there are some overlay to put on...and you are right Scott, in some scenarios you need only a very compact game table (the first scenario of SL was played on half map!) but sometime you need a long gaming surface...it depends on the scenario.
V6!

Luca

"I'd rather be lucky than good any day."

Return to “General Gallery”