Big Force on Force

Showcase of Wargaming Board & Miniatures Games, and Dioramas outside of the Membership

Moderator: josta59

josta59

Big Force on Force

Postby josta59 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:58 am

This looks so fun. Want to play so badly.

"BIG Force on Force: AAR - I thought this was the desert" http://feedly.com/k/16rDfHc
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Big Force on Force

Postby Whiterook » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:38 am

Very cool, indeed! It reminds me a lot of Battlefield Evolution. And the fight over an abandoned UN Bunker is brilliant...love the premise. A couple pics from the site....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:34 pm

Agreed, and thanks for adding the pics. I have the rules for both of those games. Every once in a while I start thinking about how I could play one of them without spending a bunch of money. I think about it for five minutes and always end up realizing that what I want to do is play Firepower and Heroes of the Gap. Thanks to Luca I'm playing one on a regular basis. Now I just have to learn the other to get my fix of armor and choppers. I'm working on that right now...thanks to the scenarios you sent me.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

josta59

Postby josta59 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Here's a nice, simple tutorial on how Force on Force is played. It's very different from Firepower, and of course very different from my Marines vs Mercs game. It plays a bit like Infinity, but only a bit.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Interesting rules...nice and light, the way they are explained; however, I have a feeling the game has far more depth than can be represented in a quick overview tutorial.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:17 pm

I was thinking today about how easy this would be to play in the forum. I would do it in PowerPoint, just like my Marines vs Mercs game, using custom virtual counters like the ones on my long Firepower map. We could include any vehicles and any terrain without the use of physical models. Could be an absolute blast. Would just have to learn how to play the game! The rulebook is so big, but it's well written. Battlefield Evolution would be an alternative. Whichever looks easier to learn. A goal for later.

Return to “General Gallery”