Chariot Race game.

Showcase of Wargaming Board & Miniatures Games, and Dioramas outside of the Membership

Moderator: josta59

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Chariot Race game.

Postby 50th » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:27 pm

I played this in '06 at Barrack's Battle Con. Here are a couple of pics showing the board and some miniatures:

I was using the blue chariot on the right:

A close up of one of the miniatures:

I don't know the system used, but it had rules for skidding, flipping over in a turn, whipping your horses or the next guys horses, and other situations that might come up in a chariot race. This was a very good game, not too hard but it had enough detail to make it memorable.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Chariot Race game.

Postby Frizzenspark » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Avalon Hill had a Chariot racing game.... this might be a three dimensional homage.....
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Circus Maximus---- There are several variants availableon BoardGameGeek

There are also ready to use mapboards available...

http://store.gcmshop.com/p/1895/circus-maximus-chariot-race-track

Price: $79.50 (USD)
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

taran.shannara

Postby taran.shannara » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:21 pm

I'm using the AH rules. There are some variants that I will be trying from mods that others have posted on the web.

The mdf board in the image you show is the one that I requested be "made" recently. I have board #1. :)
I'm curently painting some 15mm chariots and will be running some games early May and will post something to show progress.

Frizzenspark wrote:Circus Maximus---- There are several variants availableon BoardGameGeek

There are also ready to use mapboards available...

http://store.gcmshop.com/p/1895/circus-maximus-chariot-race-track

Price: $79.50 (USD)

Return to “General Gallery”