Virtual tables for new modern campaign

A Showcase of Members' Personal Board, Miniatures & Electronic Games and Gear

Moderator: josta59

josta59

Virtual tables for new modern campaign

Postby josta59 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:08 pm

I've pretty much decided I'm sick of writing AARs and that my games will be more fun if I'm not always thinking about audience presentation. But I can totally share my new PowerPoint file containing my new campaign map of Port Said, Egypt, and the five virtual tables I'll be using. They also include the campaign details in the slide notes of slide 1, and the rules and order of battle for the first scenario in the notes on slide 2. Just click "Notes" below the slide to see them.

All the forces for the first scenario are already deployed on slide 2. Just zoom in to see them. There are two small platoons of rebels in the southeast corner along with two technicals on the street. They'll be attacking three platoons of government troops surrounding the mosque in the center. There are also three civilians stands in one of the streets, representing protesters. A rebel squad just has to make contact with a civilian stand to win the game, but that won't be easy at all.

I'll be using the FiveCore Company Command rules to play these games. The army generator, scenario generator, war generator, and other tools provided in these rules were pretty useful and inspiring.

Oops, I can't attach the 20-MB file here, so send me your email address if you want to see the file. In the meantime, here are pictures of the campaign map and the first table. May this inspire you to greatness. :D

Port Said campaign map.jpg
Port Said campaign map.jpg (240.5 KiB) Viewed 295 times

Table A.jpg
Table A.jpg (198.44 KiB) Viewed 295 times
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

josta59

Re: Virtual tables for new modern campaign

Postby josta59 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:37 pm

Oh heck, I can just post all the notes here.

Campaign notes and rules
War cause: d100=18, ethnic warfare.
Intensity: d100=43, brief flareup of hostilities lasting a few months.

Government forces have been terrorizing a minority group in these neighborhoods, and a large rebel group of partisan insurgents has manifested. They make their first move during a protest at the Port Fouad Grand Mosque.

Each mission will be rolled on the mission priority table, p49. VPs will be according to the table on p53. Whichever side has the most VPs after 5 missions is the winner.

All scenarios are company-level. Activation is by platoon; actions are by squad.

Scenario A rules and order of battle
Mission A, Grand Mosque
Mission priority: d100=80, high priority, significant risk accepted. +1 to support roll.
Objective: d100=69, secure 1/3 of civilians in the area (make contact with 1 of 3 civilian stands).
Enemy aggression: d6=4, enthusiastic. At least 1 activation each turn will be spent trying to restore stands suffering negative effects.
Initial enemy priority: d6=5, regroup forces together and move to have overlapping fields of fire.

Rebels must enter from south or east edge. Enemies will already be among the civilians. Rebels are attacking and receive initiative each turn.

Order of battle:

Rebels:
4 squads. Rating: C2+1 (1 free rallying attempt per turn due to good morale)
Scout: deployed, remaining enemy mvmt reduced by 2” if within 6” with LoS, scout then recalled
Hero: +1 to mvmt rate and assaults
Motivator: 1 squad within 6” gets free try to rally from panic
MG team
2 technicals with LMG
2 light squads as rear echelon
Rebel partisan insurgent squads use 1K1S at <12” range but just 1S at >12”. If rolling a 1 to dash, roll again and use both dice. Light squads don’t use kill dice and may not assault.

Troops:
7 squads. Rating: C4
Leader: +1" to mvmt for his squad.
Medic: 1 squad within 6” gets free try to rally from men down
Sharp shooter: deployed in building, squad may use his LoS to get reaction fire
2 medium mortar teams
MG fire team
Enemy troops are mixed squads of standard infantry. 1K1S at all ranges. If enemy squads lose an assault by 1, treat as a draw.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Return to “Member's Gallery”