Old School Tactical

A Showcase of Members' Personal Board, Miniatures & Electronic Games and Gear

Moderator: josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Old School Tactical

Postby Whiterook » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:25 pm

Well, I pulled the trigger on this one! I pained over this one....PAINED!

image.jpg

You see, it's on Kickstarter, which is a site where you *Pledge* for a project (in this case, a game from Mark H. Walker's new Flying Pigs Games company); if they developer makes the goal ($) set, the game is funded and goes to production. Pledges for this game were at different levels for different amounts of *stuff*. That stuff can include stretch Goals; in the case of this game, there were two that have met pledge levels of $20,000 and the $25,000. With almost 2-weeks to go before the timelimit on pledging expires, there may even be another stretch goal!

Of the pledge options available, I was paining over the $85 pledge, which basically gets the base game, any stretch goals reached...plus a 16-page full-color Strategy Guide, 9 additional Luck Cards, and a pair of custom dice with thhe Flying Pigs Games logo and Axis/Allied emblem. These extras will ONLY EVER be available through the pledge system, so it makes these rare items!

The problem.....$. That was just more money than I had to invest at this time.

So I went with the Early Bird Gets the Worm pledge of $55....which gets me the base game, any stretch goals reached. Still a great deal, considering the MSRP will be $85 if offered in the store in the future. The cool thing was, there were only 100 pledges allowed and I was the 100th!!!!

Still, I hate hate hate that I am missing out on that ither *stuff* . Actually, truly, it breaks my heart. I could talk myself into missing the Strat Guide, as the point for me is to eenjoy figuring out the game; the Luck cards are a little more difficult a pill to swallow, as I love having game components that expand the game; but the most bitter pill to swallow was missing out on thoise damned dice!!!! I WANT THOSE FRIGGIN' DICE!!!!!!!! Damn. :( ...especially since I love that FPG logo so darned much. I ain't gonna get over this soon.

A picture of the base game map...

image.jpg

The first Stretch Goal of a bale in Red square....

image.jpg
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Duncan

Re: Old School Tactical

Postby Duncan » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:46 am

Looks like it will be done very soon. I can't wait.

Return to “Member's Gallery”