Escape from Colditz Castle

A Showcase of Members' Personal Board, Miniatures & Electronic Games and Gear

Moderator: josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Escape from Colditz Castle

Postby Whiterook » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Just came in the mail today!!!!! Osprey Games new updated version of the classic Escape from Colditz Castle. This new 75th anniversary edition re-tools the originals from around 40 years ago!

The originally Escape from Colditz was a strategy card and dice-based board game produced by Gibsons Games and first released in 1973. It was licensed to Parker Brothers in the US in the mid-1970s. The game was devised by successful escaper Pat Reid, based on the prisoner-of-war camp (Oflag IV-C) at Colditz Castle in Germany during World War II.

Now with Osprey, the game gets a new overhaul, with gorgeous new components, updated rules (as well as the original rules), and all minty fresh!!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I actually have a mint copy of the original, with the infamous swastika symbol. Even has the protective velum paper over the game components! I love this game, and is among my Most Prized Wargames.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (74.91 KiB) Viewed 45 times

I got wind of this new edition on Wargamer Pay It Forward, on Facebook. I didn't even know it was out there! I went on the hunt immediately and scored a brand new one on Amazon, for almost $25 off list, and free shipping with Prime.
'Rommel...you Magnificent Bastard...I read your book!" - Gen. Patton

Return to “Member's Gallery”