My Khalkhin-Gol battlemap miniatures

A Showcase of Members' Personal Board, Miniatures & Electronic Games and Gear

Moderator: josta59

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

My Khalkhin-Gol battlemap miniatures

Postby 50th » Mon May 22, 2017 5:47 pm

I finally got around to painting my Memoir 44 Khalkhin-Gol battlemap miniatures! This is the first battlemap of the second series.

This battlemap contains miniatures for tankettes and armored cars. Since scenarios call for Soviets to have two tankettes figures (Japanese tank miniatures) and Japanese to have two armored car figures (Soviet BA-10 miniatures) I painted them differently.

Japanese units:

Soviet units:

As I've said before, I absolutely hate to paint miniatures. And I painted six tankettes, six armored cars, and 48 French infantry figures today. My workspace? The patio table with umbrella and chairs. I needed to get the tankette and armored cars miniatures painted because I'm running a game with the Khalkhin-Gol battlemap and miniatures at Diecon 17 in June (more info in "Troop Ship" thread).
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: My Khalkhin-Gol battlemap miniatures

Postby Frank » Sat May 27, 2017 10:59 am

I have to say they look better painted, but then I am a miniatures gamer. If you really don`t like painting then perhaps something like these spray cans followed by a darker wash might be the way to go.

https://shop.thearmypainter.com/product ... GroupId=15
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Member's Gallery”