Posting e-mails-

The place to Test Site Mechanics and Ask Questions

Moderator: Whiterook

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posting e-mails-

Postby Frank » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:31 am

I have just been sent an e-mail that I think might be of interest to the folks here, is there any way that I can post it up?

Could any repliers please remember that I am not computer literate.

I have always thought url means throwing something at the wall in frustration at not understanding anything.

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Posting e-mails-

Postby Whiterook » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:10 am

Frank wrote:I have just been sent an e-mail that I think might be of interest to the folks here, is there any way that I can post it up?

Could any repliers please remember that I am not computer literate.

I have always thought url means throwing something at the wall in frustration at not understanding anything.

Frank

To my knowledge, the only way to accomplish exactly what you are asking for is my installing a "Mod".....which is a coded (HTML) program in the forum software......that allows this functionality. The problem with that is two-fold: One, installing Mods is incredibly complicated....something to do with the "skin" I use for the forum (in other words, all the graphics you see that make the site, like images, icons, smilies, etc.), and I am believe ot or not, a lightweight when it comes to this computer programming crap; and two, the Mod itself opens a bit of a pandora's box in terms of spam, for some reason.

That said, the way I post the contents of an email is simply to open it and, cut&paste the text in, and save any images as a JPEG file and plop it in. It might not look exactly the the original email, but it generally does the job.

Hope that helps. :ugeek:
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Hagen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hagen » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:43 am

Frank wrote:I have always thought url means throwing something at the wall in frustration at not understanding anything.

You mean it doesn't?? :shock: :? :lol: I'm with you Frank. Emery lost me after "To my knowledge!" :D

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:27 pm

Hagen wrote:
Frank wrote:I have always thought url means throwing something at the wall in frustration at not understanding anything.

You mean it doesn't?? :shock: :? :lol: I'm with you Frank. Emery lost me after "To my knowledge!" :D

Oh, good Lord!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Or you can just forward your E-Mail to me Frank and I'll pop it up for ya as needed. You could also just type it in a post if it is'nt to long bud.

Cheers

Tom

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Cheers Tom, I read your pm first, I will have a go and if I have no luck will send to you, there is some text and 5 pics. Things are a bit hectic at the moment, will have a go on Wednesday probably. I really do need to learn this stuff if possible.

Cheers,

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Test & Help”