Advanced Squad Leader Counter Storage

Where to Get Your Gear

Moderator: Frizzenspark

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Advanced Squad Leader Counter Storage

Postby Whiterook » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:48 pm

I spent the better part of an evening (or two) looking at websites (including BoardGameGeek) trying to find what the Gold Standard is for storing your Advanced Squad Leader counters. Anyone that knows the system will tell you, there a ton of counters!

.....and of course, this goes beyond ASL and useable for most Wargame systems' counters.

The two predominant systems I found were one from the United Kingdom, called Raaco; and one from the United States called Plano 3701's. I definitely see the benefit of both, and even own some 3701's... However, I believe the following US system is just as good (if not better) and cheaper!

Michael's Craft Store
Bead Landing boxes, Retail $8.99

13.7" x 8.6" x 1.37"
http://www.michaels.com/10468278.html

image.jpeg
Bead Landing boxes

Why cheaper? Michael's offers a 40% off coupon on regular priced items pretty much every week. I am picking these up, one at a time, for $5.73!

Why better? They have 32 permanent compartments (no sliding panels between compartments; rounded back and front floor/walls in the compartments, for easy counter egress; secure snap closure; and most important (and which it's competitors DO NOT offer....), the lid has channels in which the top of the compartment walls snugly slip into...so no counter shift (counters jumping over the walls to other adjacent compartments in transport)!

I love these things!!!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Advanced Squad Leader Counter Storage

Postby Frank » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:23 pm

If you are having problems with movement then would just glueing a thin sheet of foam to the lid help?
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Lucky Luke

Re: Advanced Squad Leader Counter Storage

Postby Lucky Luke » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:35 pm

Frank wrote:If you are having problems with movement then would just glueing a thin sheet of foam to the lid help?

A foolproof asset!
Good idea!
V6!

Luca

"I'd rather be lucky than good any day."

Return to “Quartermaster's Tent”