4ground buildings

Where to Get Your Gear

Moderator: Frizzenspark

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

4ground buildings

Postby Frank » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:40 pm

I have spent the last couple of evenings putting together some 4ground 28mm Japanese buildings that our club bought at Salute games show.

http://arteis.wordpress.com/.../review- ... ate-houses

These are fantastic quality, and come ready painted though they are a complicated kit to build and there was much use of intemperate language, but I did really enjoy doing them. 4ground is a UK company though they do do free postage worldwide on orders of a certain size

http://www.4ground.co.uk

I played a 15mm WW2 skirmish game,Fireball Forward, on Monday night using some of the European buildings and they look incredible.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 4ground buildings

Postby Whiterook » Sat May 03, 2014 10:41 am

Oh my word, those are fantastic looking!!!! I have to say, the Japanese buildings are most amazing, as I've never seen anything like it. Great thread!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed May 07, 2014 2:35 pm

They really are a great kit, the 15mm European buildings are good as well, ideal for Flames of War.

I like the look of the Rorke`s Drift kit as well but that would just not be as useful as the other stuff.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon May 12, 2014 8:38 pm

I could be soooooooo dangerous with stuff like this....I'd run totally out of space if I could build some of the dream layouts in my head. Maybe I should try and talk my wife into a setup like Wesley snipes had in an action movie years back where he lowered a giant table from the ceiling, suspended by chains, that had a huge layout of something like Napolionics. I wish I could remember what the movie was.

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed May 14, 2014 9:01 am

Yeah, just watched that on the telly about a month ago, completely ridiculous but not a bad film.
Gandalf the Grey

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Wed May 14, 2014 8:56 pm

The Rorke`s Drift kit looks really great...... The Mega Set even included the Zulu movie..... :)

The Wild West sets look really great..... I've lived a few miles away from Tombstone, and visited it frequently.... these buildings would be welcome there.....

Great Stuff!!!!!
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Thu May 15, 2014 10:50 am

They are fantastic detail and the range has really grown over the last couple of years. We also have some of the western stuff for Dead Mans Hand,
Gandalf the Grey

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:53 pm

They have added a medieval/fantasy range now as well

http://www.4ground.co.uk/default.aspx?page=268&pid=805

fantastic detail as usual.
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:02 pm

Those are very cool! Love the basing on that one shot. These look also, like they'd be easy to store.

Return to “Quartermaster's Tent”