Moderator: Frizzenspark

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Clash of Arms Games

Postby Whiterook » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:49 pm

Clash of Arms Games

http://www.clashofarms.com/index.html

Another new find for me, as I've never heard of them before. Some real nice stuff, here!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Gunny0231
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Clash of Arms Games

Postby Gunny0231 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:37 pm

They have been around a while and their stuff is pretty decently done.
On average it took five Panthers to take out a Sherman. Four would be in a ditch out of fuel or broken down, the fifth one just blows away the Sherman before catching fire by itself.

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Double Deuce » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:27 am

Yeah, they been around awhile. I don't have any of their games but have been eyeing Close Action for some time. Just more sure I have room for another naval game series. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Double Deuce on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:45 pm

I've been a big fan of the Flint & Steel Rules by Richard Kane.

They're very well researched and serve as an excellent reference if for nothing else...

The rules played very well, we fought the battle of Cowpens pretty much to it's historical conclusion.....

Flint & Steel continues the standard of excellence in wargaming established by Clash of Arms. More than an outstanding set of rules, Flint & Steel brings together in one source a wealth of information for this exciting period of warfare. No need to have miniature figures in order to use and enjoy these rules. You can easily get started right away by making your own units from templates provided inside.

Available from Noble Knight for $22.00
http://www.nobleknight.com/productdetailsearch.asp_Q_ProductID_E_13087_A_InventoryID_E_2147921436
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Return to “Quartermaster's Tent”