OHAYOCON 2013 January 18th - 20th 2013 Columbus, Ohio

Reference Storehouse of past Conventions/Tournaments

Moderator: Frizzenspark

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

OHAYOCON 2013 January 18th - 20th 2013 Columbus, Ohio

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:50 pm

This may be of interest in the upcoming weeks.....

OHAYOCON 2013!!
Date: January 18th - 20th 2013 (Everyone double check the date we are 1 week earlier than previous years!)
Location: Hyatt Regency Columbus & The Greater Columbus Convention Center Columbus, Ohio USA

Contact Information!
Hyatt related questions: 614-463-1234
Email Address: Info@Ohayocon.org
Twitter: #Ohayocon
Facebook: Official Ohayocon Group
TUMBLR: ohayocon.tumblr.com

GUEST ANNOUNCMENTS!!!!
This year we are working to bring you a balance of guests we love as well as guests that are brand new to Ohayocon! So, it's with much excitement and adulation that I am able to announce the first round of guests coming to Ohayocon 2013!!!

Please take some time to become aquanted with those you think you know and those you don't. These guests are always working on new projects so check them out!!!

Greg Ayres-Is an Ohayocon staplehe's an amazingly talented voice Actor, Singer,DJ and our Musical Guests Coordinator
Chris Ayres-He is the source of the funnyVoice Actore, Stage Actor, Director and Fight Director as well as the Roast Coordintaor.
Tiffany Grant - Original Voice Of Hello Kitty,Asuka in Evangelion, A talented beyond belief actress who is also being roasted at Ohayocon 2013. So come join us in celebrating her many accomplishements the meanest way possible!
Matt Greenfield-Director, Producer and half of the team that was ADV. His knowledge of the industry now and then in unparralleled. I love his panels on the indusrty as it was, what it is and where it's going.
Amanda Winn Lee- Better known by today's audiences as a voice actor for Video Games Such as .Hack//Sign, Read or Die, Oni and Saints Row:The Third. Read through her IMDB. It's impressive and we are excited to have her return to Ohayocon 2013
Bob DeJesus- Bob is a super talented artist who's worked as a comic book artist, graphic artist and video game designer! We have been blessed to have him provide the T-Shirt Designs for Ohayocon for the past 6 years.

http://www.ohayocon.org/

"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

josta59

Re: OHAYOCON 2013 January 18th - 20th 2013 Columbus, Ohio

Postby josta59 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:14 am

Hmm. I might actually consider checking this out if I could get in free. Might be good for a laugh. But if it was free to get in, they'd get all kinds of jokers like me who were just there for a laugh.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:26 pm

It could be arranged..... I volunteer and enjoy doing so.... There is a game room.... It may be early enough to get a spot volunteering in the game room..... and it is good for several laughs.plus other benefits.....
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".

josta59

Postby josta59 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:30 pm

You got my attention. I'll PM you.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Now this one sounds interesting, indeed!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:03 pm

I'ts more visual than anything; I volunteer so that I "absorb" the atmosphere without actually having to participate. A good portion of the Convention is free, many participants spend the bulk of their time outside of pay areas for photo shoots and general carousing (pretty much like Colonial Williamsburg)

I remember one attractive costumed participant that neglected to realize she was on the second floor posing against the clear barriers, giving those below a little more interesting perspective.... :D

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Frizzenspark wrote:.... giving those below a little more interesting perspective.... :D

A lot of sore necks, eh!?!

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Whiterook wrote:
Frizzenspark wrote:.... giving those below a little more interesting perspective.... :D

A lot of sore necks, eh!?!

But very well worth it...... Believe me...... 8-)

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Dang...I was just sitting here pondering the sight when my wife walks by and looks at me suspiciously. I swear, they have a sixth sense about these things.

You know, one of the hardest things about attending game conventions for me is some of the ravishing women in the LARP costumes. I don't even want to think of Japanese Anime!!!

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:46 pm

As I anticipated, now that the holidays are over, and life returns to normal.... there is life on the Oyahocon forums....

I have been alerted about a Staff meeting this Sunday; I certainly intend to attend...

The Gaming folks have responded to our numerous feelers.... we may get something done...

I plan to dress up at least twice....

I've just collected a complete WWII British Desert Rats ensemble, and i want to show it off.... THANK YOU ebay!!!!!

I also might be able to piece together an old-school "U.N.I.T." soldier outfit... just won a suitable jacket for $15.00...... ebay strikes again....

I hope josta59 will at least pop in to "gawk at the freaks".... they hang out in the free areas... plus you can drop in at the North Market and get some ice cream from Jeni's, http://www.jenis.com/ the Queen City Cayenne is to die for........... :D

Return to “CON ARCHIVES”