BottosCon 2011

Reference Storehouse of past Conventions/Tournaments

Moderator: Frizzenspark

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: BottosCon 2011

Postby TRDG » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:30 pm

Sounds great and good luck, I'm sure you will have a lot of fun, wish I was going with ya D!!!

Cheers, instead I get to work 2 more nights then go on vacation, YES!! Remeber lots of pics and reports here when you have time please!!!

Tom

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:36 am

A quick wrap up. 60 people of 65 registered showed up to the con. In three days I had five plays of Up Front and three plays of other games. Six wins and two losses total. It's more wargaming than I've done in years. I also exchanged email with a couple guys to play in the new year. The two most exciting games I played where a city fight of Up Front and a Clearing Carentan scenario of ASLSK. I lost both of them but they were by far the most tense and fun. Both games turned around 180 after I was convinced I had secured wins. Both opponents told me that they thought they had lost half way through - but the worm turns eh. I offloaded about a dozen games that I won't play because of space and time. Shipped my historical ASL stuff to a gent in Ottawa - and found out from a mutual friend he was willing to pay double what I wanted. Ah well, they went to good homes. He said that he's 'pulling a Robin Hood' and going to try to sell one or two on Ebay to reclaim some of his investment and give the others away as surprise gifts. I'm happy to be a part of that. I used the money to put on my credit card, buy dinner and beer, and came home with seven games that I will play. I also pre-ordered two others the next day. I'm back in the hobby but good now.

Introducing your new BottosCon Up Front champion - Me!
(Do I look like a hobo after three days of gaming?)

And taking a break after defeating the Axis in a Fall Blau scenario of No Retreat!

Clearing Carentan with the stanby ASLSK. An early game to get dibs on the free coffee.

Last edited by Duncan on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:21 am, edited 7 times in total.

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:39 am

Here's what the winner of West Coast Rumble picked up. Lone Canuck Publishing was very generous with the prizes.

About half of the 60 really great gents who showed up.

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:19 am

Fall Blau ends badly for the Germans

ASL and Normandy 44. You can tell this is a Canadian convention because there's a box of Timmy's.

I think this is Storming the Riech but I'm not sure.

Up Front!

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:54 am

Thanks for the great recap and pic and congrats on the win in Up Front, so what were the games you picked up, next, did anyone there ever mention playing FoW by chance, or Conflict of Heroes??

Cheers, the glow on your face and smile is more than enough to tell me you just had about the time of your life my friend!!

Sad to hear you gave up some of your prized ASL game gear but it sounds like it went to a worthy guy!!

Tom

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:42 pm

FoW was mentioned but no one played it there. There was a copy of Conflict of Heroes that I was tempted to pick up for $40. But I didn't think I would get around to playing it and already have a couple East Front games. The games I picked up I am pretty sure I can play by email if I don't get any face-to-face play. CoH doesn't do that. Great game though. I played it two years ago. I'll post picks of my new toys in a seperate thread.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:54 am

COOL, sounds good Duncan

Cheers, I thought about a net game here of CoH, not sure yet though.....

Tom

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun May 27, 2012 11:53 am

Greta recap....looked like a great time. Congrats on the trophy!!!

On a side note...loved seeing the Tim Horton coffee cup....been a long time since I had one!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 am

BottosCon 2012 is in early November. Wish you guys were closer so we could play.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:41 am

I'm sure we do as well Duncan, now that would be fun, so what games will you be into this time around?

Cheers

Tom

Return to “CON ARCHIVES”