Salute 2014

Reference Storehouse of past Conventions/Tournaments

Moderator: Frizzenspark

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Salute 2014

Postby Frank » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:17 am

One of the UK`s biggest gaming shows was a couple of months back, as usual I did not go, I would love to but just would not be able to afford to. (Queue picture of despondent drooling kid with his nose pressed up against a sweet shop window :cry: )

http://wargameterrain.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... eport.html
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Salute 2014

Postby Whiterook » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:59 pm

Interesting....I peeked around a bit and they appear to throw a good con. Yes, they are indeed expensive to attend, but I find it's more the airfare to, the hotel and meals, and the purchases that make it an expensive affair. The cons in general, have steep attendance prices too, but compared to one professional sports gig, is a bargain! Of course for cons, it's a little more doable if you live close by.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:06 am

Getting there is not too bad, we usually have a group go so we car pool, about 2/3 hours so that is fine. Its just all the great games that are there, I think I would probably have my debit card forcibly removed before I was allowed to go :(
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:41 pm

Hahahahaaaa....I hear you there!

When I went to Origins Game Expo in 2007, my entire BIG suitcase was filled with games, including: Tide of Iron and Desert Fox expansion; Combat Commander Europe; Lock 'N Load Band of Heroes, Swift and Bold, and Not One Step Back; an MMP ASL expansion; Conquest of Heroes; Axis & Allies Miniatures booster packs; and other stuff!

When I went to the airport, the TSA dude saw the lock on the suitcase and asked it be removed. I said, NO WAY! He warned that it might get cut off if the agents down the line picked it for check. I told him, "With over $200 worth of games in there, I'll take my chances". He smiled and put the bag on the conveyor, and it made it home safe and sound...with the lock intact :D
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “CON ARCHIVES”