Reference Storehouse of past Conventions/Tournaments

Moderator: Frizzenspark

wuxia
Private
Private

Cincy Con March 1-3

Postby wuxia » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:39 pm

http://www.cincycon.org/

Cincy Con is coming up next week end. March 1-3 in Cincinnati Ohio.

I have have been to this Con and will be there again this year. They have everything there. Tons of miniature war games, board games, RPG. If you like gaming, you will love it.
I have picked up some good stuff from flea market tables as well as vendors that are on site.

Last year I was in a 8 player WW2 modified Trench Wars rules in a town. Each player had about 20 miniatures to control in a deadly small European town scenario. Highlights for me included a mortar shell taking out 9 guys (yea I know not to bunch up, but I was going to do something really cool to some enemy machine gunner...), taking out a key leader, and ultimately losing the game. It was a ton of fun.
The previous year was a seven years war era open field until reaching the middle of table for cover massive carnage that had everyone laughing at each others misfortune.
These games are usually on 8ft x 4ft tables that are run by some great GM's that I have known for years.
I highly encourage anyone that wants a day trip to check it out.
You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. Plato ...

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Cincy Con March 1-3

Postby TRDG » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:04 pm

NICE

So what kind of games will you be playing or running, and are ya looking for any specific stuff to buy this time as well?

Cheers

Tom

wuxia
Private
Private

Postby wuxia » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:30 pm

trying to decide. I'm meeting my brother and a few others there. We all like to play together.

Event Description: In December 1966 the newly formed Mobile Guerrilla Force, led by the legendary, then CPT Bo Gritz, was tasked with recovering the top secret black box from a downed U-2 in the Viet Cong Forbidden Zone. Based on that true incident, this Special Forces led group will have to contend with the VC while trying to accomplish its mission. Scale 20mm
This one uses FNG rules.

Event Description: June 1946 in the Desert between Alamogordo and Roswell New Mexico, a platoon of U.S. Marines are out on maneuvers. Early in the morning a strange sound is detected by a sentry, as he scans the horizon he cnan\'t believe his eyes. Ant\'s the size of tanks headed straight towards the bivouac area. The alarm is sounded and our brave heros\'s prepare to defend themselves. Scale 25mm
This one uses the Trench Wars system that I have played in the past.

We usually bring some board games too. Glory to Rome is on the list that I will be teaching. I'll also teach Lords of Waterdeep to the group.

Can't wait.
You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. Plato ...

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Sounds like a GREAT time, make sure we get a full report here, and lots of pics to please!!!

Cheers

Tom

Return to “CON ARCHIVES”