Discussions of Foods and Treats!

Moderators: Whiterook, Frank

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nachos!

Postby Whiterook » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:58 pm

I love a big 'ol plate of nachos!

I had some for lunch today...yeah, I said lunch...and it was just awesome. While eating them, I was thinking to myself, that I have NEVER had a plate of nachos that I didn't just plain devour in delight and enjoyment.

Usually, it's home made, and just simple tortilla chips, with salsa and cheese. I know, pretty basic, but it hits the spit every time. I especially like them if the salsa is a scorcher.

Now move to the big leagues with refried beans, taco seasoned hamburg, sour cream, sliced jalepeno...et al....and we're talking orgasmic!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Nachos!

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:47 am

I'm on a hummus and chips kick recently.... but Nachos are a classic.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:07 am

Frizzenspark wrote:I'm on a hummus and chips kick recently.... but Nachos are a classic.

:?: Hmmmmmm....what kind of chips? I am assuming tortilla, but what kinds are you using (e.g., white corn, blue, etc....and brand). I never thought to do that with tortilla chips!

I've got into hummus in a big was this past year or so. Sabra is my absolute fav.

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:49 am

I've been using tortilla chips, but If I find the pita-style chips, I'll grab a bag..
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed May 24, 2017 9:45 pm

I've discovered that the restauraunt, Chipoltle.... they make nacho chips with a lime and salt seasoning, and sell them in take out bags. I don't know how they do these, but I suspect the throw the fresh made tortilla chips in a giant bowl of salt and lime seasoning and toss them. The lime is literally impregnated (that's a horrible word when talking about food, actually...but it fits) in the chips....

Anyway...make a plate of nachos with salsa and non-dairy cheese, with some slice jalapeños and I am a happy boy!!!

josta59

Postby josta59 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:04 pm

Agreed, those are pretty great.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Thu May 25, 2017 2:45 pm

I like to get some of the white cheese dip and spread taco seasoned hamburger and cheese over the chips and microwave until the cheese is melted. Then dip that in the white cheese... Oh Oh good.

Making me hungry and I just ate lunch.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Return to “Chow Talk”