It's Burger Time! ...what's your fav?

Discussions of Foods and Treats!

Moderators: Whiterook, Frank

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's Burger Time! ...what's your fav?

Postby Whiterook » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:01 pm

The Hamburger. The Universe's way of saying, "Everything will be alright!" A true GIFT from the God's, as we all know mighty Zeus couldn't pass a McDonald's! What's your favorite?

Mine used to be from a little place called "The Steaming Tender" (reference to a locomotive tender), which is a local restaurant, housed in what used to be the Palmer Railroad Station. Palmer is a hub for freight trains, and used to be for passenger trains (though AmTrack still runs past the old station). This place had burgers to-die-for, grilled to perfection, with am outdoorsey BBQ smoke taste. But alas, cooks change, and so did my fav burger.

So I must settle for my 2nd Place (now 1st)..... Red Robin

redrobinexterior.jpg

My burger of choice is actually their signature cheeseburger....

gourmet-cheeseburger-1100.jpg

Red Robin Gourmet Cheeseburger -- The one that made them famous. Featuring Red's pickle relish, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, pickles, mayo and choice of cheese. Love it! They have amazing fries, too. The chain has it's own seasoning, too, which I can't describe, other than it's fantastic!!! ...I shake it on the fries, and on the burger as I eat it. DAMN!

RR1215-Seasoning.jpg

This is their mascot....

db4b3c42497a841764624e042274d353.jpg
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: It's Burger Time! ...what's your fav?

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Tricky; we just had a Red Robin move into the area; I've eaten them elsewhere, they're good of course.

Locally, we have the Max & Erma's.... they do some great burgers too.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: It's Burger Time! ...what's your fav?

Postby Whiterook » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:57 pm

I've seen Max & Erma's on travel but, never had a chance to go in....I'll have to make a point of it next time I see one.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “Chow Talk”